Fuel Problem 2000 yr 5.9 Cummins - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by texbigalm, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1146 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Fuel Problem 2000 yr 5.9 Cummins

My truck has 132K miles on it and it has started missing when I am acclerating betweek 45 mph and 55 mph. It only happens for a split sec. Just like it cuts out. Some times it runs for days with out doing it. Then some days it all the time? The dealer is trying to sell me a fuel pump and a new injector pump for about $ 4,500.00 !!! I have been reading about the Bully Dog Big Fuel Kit to incrase the fuel pressur to the Injector pump. I am wanting to find a shop that can install the Bully Dog Pump and install fuel pressure guages. I live in Lake Jackson Texas, anyone out there have any comments about this???? I also have been running alchol diesel, prior to this happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Cummins Man

You should be able to pull codes I believe by doing the key trick. Turn the key on/off/on/off/on without starting and watch the odometer. If you get a 0216 code IP is dyeing. Sounds like you have a dead LP for sure and need to get it fixed. I would just do a good fuel system to the Vp and be done with it. I run a performer you can click on the link in my sig.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 AM

My truck did this also until i put my lift pump on it and it hasn't done it again.

2000 CTD, HOT Juice w/Attitude, Smarty, Mach 2 injectors (105 HP), 4" exhaust, BHAF, SB Clutch, FASS 150 ARP 12mm studs, stage 3 snow kit.

2008 f350/96 cummins in the works.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Bouncer

I would definitely start by checking for codes and fuel pressure. Then you can go from there.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 PM

i just had the same problem... with the surging... i took it up to GarmensDiesel and he said thats what the injector pumps do right before they go out... well Sat night my truck shutoff and wont start back up... It didnt pop any codes for the injector pump either... he says sometime they do... sometimes they dont... but i did get a code from the truck saying something wrong with the cummings computer... probly a code inside the cummings computer... Also if you get a new injector pump... when they ask what year and stuff... tell them a 2001 HO... puts out about 50 to 60 more horsepower and will fit right in... think there even the same price...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode