Altenative to fass - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by veritas42, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 742 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Altenative to fass

Well im looking for A lift pump to replace stocker for reliability. Fass system is to expensive for my blood right now. What are some good alternatives. Or maybe just go with a fass 95 gph by itself or bd or what? Any opinions appreciated. Please tell me what you use and why, and the pros and cons. Stuff like if the fass is loud etc. I have an 01 auto stock, new turbo soon and pipes hopefully goerend triple disk when tranny goes. I need reliability foremost as I pull horses to shows and it is my daily driver to and from work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 02:53 AM

Holley blue pump is a popular upgrade. I think it's around $120.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 AM

When I was looking for an alternative to the stock lift pump I looked into the fass systems, but like you said, they were way to high priced for me at the time. I put a holley blue on. Well my brother and I are both running them. I just cut into the fuel line on the frame and put it there, both of ours are still pumping through the stock lift pumps for now, both were fairly new when we installed the holley blue. My reason was for price, and most all the trucks here run them with no problems. I paid right at $115 for mine, my brother found some on ebay that had been remaned for around $50 I think. His is a lil louder than my new one, but once the motor is running can't hear either of the holley blues on ours. Good luck with your addition.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 04:32 AM

I have a FASS and love it, but you could put another stock pump near the tank and run the two in tandom, plenty of pressure and not to expensive. Just another option.

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 AM

The Holley is a really popular option, and so is the Walbro pump from GDP. The FASS is nice for the added filtration, but If I was buying a standalone pump, I wouldn't buy the FASS standalone, I think they are still a couple hundo, and they are no different than a Holley or Walbro.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 06:27 PM

That's kind of what I thought too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 AM

I hate to say it, but I rarely hear of problems with a newer style stock fuel pump mounted on the frame back near the tank. If I absolutely positively couldn't get a FASS, I'd start to look in that direction.

Good luck !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode