A few Q's - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by tbroadus_41, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 605 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

A few Q's

Ok so i'm going to buy injectors and a clutch in the near future like within a month, i'm not sure yet on how big the injectors are going to be but my question is.

#1 How big can i go keeping my box on a lower setting and not upgrade the turbo for a little while?
#2 I'm going to go with a southbend but which one? Where is my HP now and where might it be w/injectors. Do i want to get the Con FE?
# Besides a turbo what else should I beef up to try and prevent breakage? i.e head studs, o-rings, manifold and so on?

2000 CTD, HOT Juice w/Attitude, Smarty, Mach 2 injectors (105 HP), 4" exhaust, BHAF, SB Clutch, FASS 150 ARP 12mm studs, stage 3 snow kit.

2008 f350/96 cummins in the works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 AM

What are you going to be using the truck for? Thats a big one. If you go easy and plan on upgrading the turbo later, you can run a pretty big injector for a while if you want.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 AM

Well, it all depends on what you are going to do with the truck.. Seems like everytime you upgrade one thing sooner or later you are going to have to upgrade something else because one part seems to over power the other one.. I personally just shattered my flexplate for doing 20lb boosted launches at the drag strip!!! :shrug: But with just injectors and a clutch you should be fine for a while on the turbo.. I ran edge 150s and a hx35 and a built tranny for a while... yes it will get hot but you will be fine until you are able to upgrade.. If you want all out power, get their double disk clutch along with a drag comp and some EDM injectors.. That is the route I would go if you were truck pulling..!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I thnk i want to get injectors around the 150 HP range and stay with the single disc for daily drivability. the truck is used for daily driving but does see some trailer time as well.

2000 CTD, HOT Juice w/Attitude, Smarty, Mach 2 injectors (105 HP), 4" exhaust, BHAF, SB Clutch, FASS 150 ARP 12mm studs, stage 3 snow kit.

2008 f350/96 cummins in the works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode