valve body kits? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by spanky, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 662 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

valve body kits?

hey im new to the diesel word and im starting a very mild build. but i want to do a torque converter and a valve body kit bc i buy a chip (im going to get the juice with attitude) i figure the the tc and vb kit will help save the tranny a bit . so my question is what vb kit do i get , whats the best and what tc should i look in to . thanks for the help. and i did search a bit didnt really find much
spanky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 06:43 AM

well it all depends on what you want to do with the truck are you driving it dailly racing it or pulling it. let us know what your plans are and then we will go from there.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

well the truck is my daily driver/tow rig for my built jeep. i just want to make it a bit faster. im just going to do a chip, stuff to make the tranny last.(vb tc). buying a exhaust, and intake next week i think . that seems good for now. im not going to race it or anything like that . mainly its my daily driver and tows about 6500lbs when i can get out to wheel my jeep. thanks again
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM

I believe not much people offer shift kits, just mainly valvebody replacements so they can do a little tweaking with the electronic end of it to make leaps and bounds over a shift kit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 PM

If you want to go to the Valvebody route I'd go Suncoast all the way, they have one they build from new that changes the electronics and everything.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 AM

i would read up on suncoast and ats i think they have the best valve bodies out there. what kind of tc are you going with?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

idk i no nothing about this stuff . lol any advice?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 AM

Like they said Suncoast and ATS both make good converters. Also a little cheaper route would be goerend bros. They have good converters for a little over a grand. You might check out HTStranmissions.com they have good VB. My buddy has one in his truck and it shifts firm but doesnt break the tires loose when it shifts if you just want a mild daily driver. But they will set it up for your application. Their VB runs about $400.

03 2500 Ram 4x4 Reg Cab-Diablo Sport Predator/Puck,BHAF,Isspro Pyro,Boost,Trans Temp,Fuel Psi,HTS Race Build Tranny, Suncoast Converter,Silverline Exhaust,BD Lift Pump, 3/8" Fuel Line, Homemade Filter Setup,free mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode