problem areas - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel Hungry, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1187 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

problem areas

I am looking to buy my first diesel. I've found an 02 QC 4x4 with an auto and 147K on the clock. The autocheck comes back clean, but the dealer but it at auction so he doesn't know the background.Only thing I do know for sure is that it pulled a gooseneck because the hitch is still in the bed. I haven't driven it yet because it's a state away, but if I go to inspect it what should I be looking/listening for?

Thanks

oh, I'm not going to be towing more than a Cj7 occasionally, and a boat during the summer. I'm buying it to drive everyday and mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 AM

First thing I'd do. Change your trany filter and your fuel filter. Forget what's running in the engine. Change your tranny filter to get a good idea of where your trany is sitting. Also adjust the bands while your under there. I'll post a link for ya in minute. Change your fuel filter because it needs changed more than the oil filter. Your injection pump must have good pressure at all times or it will die on you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 AM

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/transmi...T_band_adj.htm

Be careful not to overtighten your pan bolts when going back on, alot of people like doing that. Your going to want a decent torque wrench when adjusting your bands.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:58 AM

Thanks Phily. I didn't think it'd be so simple. When I go through my truck in a couple weeks, I'll probably give this a shot.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:18 AM

It's made a noticable difference in every truck I've done.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
First thing I'd do. Change your trany filter and your fuel filter. Forget what's running in the engine. Change your tranny filter to get a good idea of where your trany is sitting. Also adjust the bands while your under there. I'll post a link for ya in minute. Change your fuel filter because it needs changed more than the oil filter. Your injection pump must have good pressure at all times or it will die on you.
philly 911__________________

Ok philly Do you ever read what people post before you reply? Nothing against you but you have done it several times before. If you had read his post he hasnt even seen the truck yet. why in the hell would he change that stuff if he hasnt even looked at it yet. He was asking for stuff to inspect when he looks at the truck. No one I know in there right mind would replace and adjust that stuff before they drove a truck they didnt own..... I mean come on seriously bro. Useful post about adjusting the bands man thx, for that though man.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode