help! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bcmueller, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 660 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Cummins POWER

help!

i have an 02 2500 and lateley it has been leaking alot of anti freeze and i cannot figure out where it is coming from but there is always alot of it around the A/C condenser by where the hose from the raidator goes in i have checked it all several times and put in stop leak but still no luck. i just wanted to know if anyone has had this same problem or any suggestions i dont want to spend the money to take it to a shop if i dont have to. oh and it seems to leak more once i shut it off.

thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Uhmmm........If you added stopleak and it's still leaking it's a larger hole and it's probably not coming from the radiator or heater core. It's probably coming from around the trany heat exchanger. Those will go bad from time to time, check all the hoses around that area. I would actually just by-pass the whole unit if you got alot of miles on it and/or had your trany rebuilt/overhauled. Crap likes to collect in those and cause a restriction. On top of the checkball to the fitting that needs to come out.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Cummins POWER
Threadstarter

where can i find the tranny heat exchanger and when the truck is running there is always anti freeze spraying off the fan and belt
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM

That doesn't sound good. The heat exchanger is located underneath the turbo charger and back towards the cab. But the lines run clear up front. Those could be leaking too. Mine look like they are about to start leaking. That could be where your leak could be coming from.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 PM

Anything?:umno:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Official TDG Doctor

uhhh, not sure but at one time i had a buddy who was leaking a ton!!! out of the boot that come out from the bottom of the turbo and goes wherever? im not sure, never saw it...ya'll might not even have a clue where im talking about...but its a thought!

Nathaniel

Kickin' It At The Passing Lane
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCCUMMINSSMOKE
uhhh, not sure but at one time i had a buddy who was leaking a ton!!! out of the boot that come out from the bottom of the turbo and goes wherever? im not sure, never saw it...ya'll might not even have a clue where im talking about...but its a thought!

Nathaniel
That sounds like he was talking about an intercooler boot. There shouldn't be any coolant in there. Or maybe like phily said, he was talking about the heat exchanger.

As for the original poster, I would try letting the truck sit until it stops leaking, cleaning the engine compartment really well, let everything dry, then run the truck and see if you can't determine where the leak is coming from. Could be a hose too. I know people that always carry a spare hose because they have had issues with theirs. Me personally, Mine has worked fine.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Cummins POWER
Threadstarter

i did what ssockton said and figured out it was a water pump gasket so i replaced that and havent had any more problems.

thanks everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode