2000 dodge cummins wouldn't shut off - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 00'CUMMINS, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 832 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

2000 dodge cummins wouldn't shut off

A couple of days ago I went camping and after driving up to the camping spot I went to shut my truck off and it wouldn't shut off. So I thought maybe the turbo timer would be on but it wasn't. Finally unplugged the chip and it shut-off. Then I plugged the chip back in and shuts off fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Thats wierd, I haven't heard of that happening before. I would contact edge and see what they have to say. I don't run the Juice w/A but I run a comp, and from time to time it will do weird things then go back to being perfectly normal. I don't really know what to say, other than talk to edge.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Bouncer

Like Sean said I would call Edge, anything can happen with electronics.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM

I had that same problem but I had to leave the box unplugged. It wasnt killing power to the fuse in the truck. They sent me a new box and a harness cause I had a short at the map sensor connectors. But my suggestion would be to e-mail them, they will call you the next day, Its alot better then waiting on the phone for 45 min.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:49 PM

Exclamation F.y.i.

Well it sounds like you know where your problem is already, and you know you need to get ahold of edge. There are some kind of electronics on the back of the injection pump above the high pressure lines, kind of easy to get to get to. It's a harness type thing that I have plugged into with some kind of Cummins tool that ya hook up to a battery. I'm not sure what it's good for it only checks your high idle. But I know there you have to manually shut it off. So that would be a area worth attention if you run into problems and you have no after market electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Like Sean said I would call Edge, anything can happen with electronics.

Tisk tisk, Electronics aren't all that bad, you just have to get electrocuted a few times to really understand how fun electronics really are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode