Getting hot with HTT 62/12 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bad_cummins, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1206 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Getting hot with HTT 62/12

My mods are in my sig. After installing the Jammers I noticed that EGT's went up tremendously. Crusing temps went from 600-650 with stock turbo and injectors, to 750-900 with the new 62/12 and jammers. Is that normal to see that kind of jump. Also now that it's 95 degrees outside it's nothing to break 950 degrees during normal acceleration, and I touched 1550 the other day while racing. I don't think the HTT is at its limit and I'm going to get the HOT code and would like to stack a smarty as well but if it's getting hot now I'd hate to see it with that combo.

01 Qc Cummins 4x4 long box, edge attitude with juice (HOT!!), 4" exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, HTB2 62/12, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, stage three jammers, southbend 3250 DD, BD Blow off valve. PDR master and slave cylinder upgrade. Sold

2006 mega cab 4x4 auto. Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 02:10 AM

i had jammers stage 5 in my 01 it ran hot with a drag comp on stock turbo. i destroyed my stock charger and i got a loaner sled puller 66 it still ran hot. when i was done doing all other mods i need. i went with 200 hp sticks form ddp and quick 64 form hht. form a dead stop i wouldnt hit 1500 until about 75 or 80. call out to dynomite diesel ask him about the jammers and once one them explain it to you will understand. jammers are good bang for the buck and that it.

now own 2007 5.9 6 speed afe stage 2, ppe programmer, 5inch silverline turbo back

traded it in 01 dodge, dual disc, drag comp, head o ringed and studed, stock turbo
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Bouncer

Injectors have a lot to do with it and that is most of your issue. Although remember when adding a larger charger it takes more to spin it. So at cruising speed you are not making as much boost or moving as much air on a bigger charger as you were with your stock charger.

Also in my experience HTT chargers really come to life between 8-12 psi and temps will rise quickly until about 1000* or so and then rapidly moderate. No matter what single you have on a Dodge it will hit 1500* + if you have an adequate amount of fuel.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Injectors have a lot to do with it and that is most of your issue. Although remember when adding a larger charger it takes more to spin it. So at cruising speed you are not making as much boost or moving as much air on a bigger charger as you were with your stock charger.

Also in my experience HTT chargers really come to life between 8-12 psi and temps will rise quickly until about 1000* or so and then rapidly moderate. No matter what single you have on a Dodge it will hit 1500* + if you have an adequate amount of fuel.

Do you think it could handle the hot code and a smarty if I can keep the fuel pressure up? That's a lot more fuel on the bottom end. I hear the smarty gets hot anyway. Also do you have any idea what the HTT wastegate is set at? I can't seem to hit the 40 psi mark.

01 Qc Cummins 4x4 long box, edge attitude with juice (HOT!!), 4" exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, HTB2 62/12, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, stage three jammers, southbend 3250 DD, BD Blow off valve. PDR master and slave cylinder upgrade. Sold

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Bouncer

That would probably be pushing that charger. I know the wastegate on my 62/13 came pre-set at 44psi. I can only blow past that dual prt to about 46 on a real hard run.

Just remember all of HTT chargers are upgradebale.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:39 AM
Cummins Man

You should just give it to me and buy something bigger.: I have heard alot of people complain about the heat that the Jammers create. Might think about a different set of sticks.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 AM

Garage
My best friend has an oo with stage 4 jammers and the pm3(same as the comp) stacked with the smarty with BD twins and it is nothng for him to hit1500+ on a hard run. I agree that the smarty really seems to raise egt's alot but sure does help on the low end.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused
You should just give it to me and buy something bigger.: I have heard alot of people complain about the heat that the Jammers create. Might think about a different set of sticks.

Andy

Do you want it? I might want to sell it. I've really been wanting to do a set of twins with my stock charger and something else. It's only got about 6000 miles on it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Another question. How much does water meth raise cylinder pressures. Could I run the same setup and install head studs or would that be too risky?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
D_B

I run close the same setup you have and those EGT's are bit higher than mine.

I run a Smarty/Juice stack, a set of Mach 4's (150hp) and a HT 64/14 and cruising on level ground woth the Smarty on SW-2 and the Juice on 3/5 I run about 660 - 750*. If I get on the throttle hard on a hill or under any kind of pull I can see 1,300* in a flash. By that time though my 64/14 is around 30lbs and really talking. Once I hit 1,300 - 1,350 the temps will tapper off and start going down under high boost levels. I also have a HT Pulse manifold and some head work so that could be the differance in the two.

Turning the Smarty off really doesn't make much of a differance in the EGT's for me, I just think its the nature of the turbo and getting it spooled. Like Bouncer said my 64/14 really doesn't start working good till it hits 8 to 10lbs of boost. Once it hits that though and you are still on the throttle you better hold the heck onto something. : laugh

DB

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 LWB, Intense Blue, 5spd,
4:10's, all kinds of goodies and doodads!

NRA Lifer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode