47re Issues: not shifting correctly/jerky shifts with suncoast triple disc/shift kit - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Strictly gravy, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 865 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Giggity Giggity

Question 47re Issues: not shifting correctly/jerky shifts with suncoast triple disc/shift kit

Hey all, I have been reading through the search about 47re issues and I have not found anyone who seems to have the same problems I am having.

First off, this is the TC I have(2nd one down): Dodge Diesel Converters and I believe i have a transgo(?) shift kit. I have already reset the APPS and the PO also told me it could possibly be some adjustment on the shift kit?

Between 2nd and 3rd, but moreso between 3rd and 4th, my shifts seem to be searching and/or not fully engaging. I have to get off the throttle, especially right around 2000rpm for it to change gears. I have read through alot of things in the search, but nothing seems to match my issues. I have already purchased an in/lb torque wrench to retorque my bands, but I have also read about a few other items. The few Im most interested in, but not sure if they matter are the TV(?), lockup solenoids, and isolating the lock up wire. Their could be more, but these are the ones I have come across. I am not too sure what all of those do either so if someone could spend a few minutes explaining to me what they are and what they do, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I am sorry about this, but I am a complete AT newbie. This is the first AT I have owned since my first car, an 83 buick skylark.

Thank you for all your help guys. I want to get this fixed so I can get back to :smoke" and not having to worry about my shifts.

-Greg

2000 QCSB - Suncoast triple disk, Shift kit, Isspro gauges, 4" SS TB exhaust, Holley Blue, Silencer ring MIA, Banks(soon to be replaced with Edge Comp)
1988 K5 Blazer - 4" lift, 33's swampers, sm-465, 350 tbi
1972 Dodge Poweragon - 318, sm435: getting a new heart and a paint job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 AM

How long have you had the truck? Has it always acted like this or is this a new thing?

I've been reading a bit about shift kits lately, and it seems that they can be a little finky and hard to get working exactly right. So if the person that installed it didn't spend the time to tune the shifting that could be part of it.

Could internals starting to wear too. But if you haven't adjusted the bands and clutches I'd try that then go from there.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 AM

The valves in the valve bodys will stick over time, this is fact. Never rule out the possibility of a valve body just needing to be cleaned..........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode