Turbonetics question? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cumminsdude2001, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1011 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Turbonetics question?

Has anyone ever tried out the Turbonetics Torquemaster turbos or know anyone that has? Did some research and was happy with what I found. Was origanally going to go with the ATS compound, but changed my mind and want to do a Turbonetics Stage 2 turbo kit, I heard a couple videos on this site and it sounded sick, just like a peterbuilt pulling a big 53 footer. Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Turbomatt runs a turbonetics charger on his 94. Maybe he will chime in.

I was looking at them for my 94 also but it seemed everywhere I called for prices tried to talk me out out of them. Not sure why but i ended up with an II unit on trade. I would still think about trying one if I ever get the chance.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97crewcab
Turbomatt runs a turbonetics charger on his 94. Maybe he will chime in.

I was looking at them for my 94 also but it seemed everywhere I called for prices tried to talk me out out of them. Not sure why but i ended up with an II unit on trade. I would still think about trying one if I ever get the chance.

Well i called turbonetics direct and they didn't talk me out of them at all, the just tried to get me to buy the upgraded intercooler wich i don't want cause im not looking to go super crazy with power. I only wanna get between 500 and 550 HP. They highly recomended me to blackwidowdiesel.com/Blackwidow Diesel Performance wich i guess is one of there best distributers. Hopefully turbomatt will chime in, i am new to this forum stuff so I am still figuring out how to do everything. Thanks for the info and if you have anymore let me know and,or send turbomatt my way
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 AM

I talked with turbonetics at Scheids. That and talking with matt, also at scheids, made me want to try one.
Black Widow is doing some sweet stuff on fords with the turbonetics chargers. Their twins sound and look awsome. Lubeowner (not sure if he is on this site or not) used his tow win the points in the Fantasy pullers league in Iowa.
I would think that their stage II turbo should support your 550. But that is just my understanding. I would call black widow and see what they say.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
I talked with turbonetics at Scheids. That and talking with matt, also at scheids, made me want to try one.
Black Widow is doing some sweet stuff on fords with the turbonetics chargers. Their twins sound and look awsome. Lubeowner (not sure if he is on this site or not) used his tow win the points in the Fantasy pullers league in Iowa.
I would think that their stage II turbo should support your 550. But that is just my understanding. I would call black widow and see what they say.

Do you know how well they spool up? How much difference is the stage 2 on spool time compared to stock? I wanna go with the stage II anyways. I don't mind a little lag, but not a lot like the big turbos. The key with me is i wanna make it so i have a nice quick puff of smoke at bottom end, and want it to clear out as i get into midrange and into top end. So i haven't decided what injector rating to go with, I was thinking ATS stage 2 90hp or stage 3 110hp. I still have to buy an updated VP44 cause i have dead pedle every now and then and a 216 code. truck is runable for now but thats next on the list before the turbo. I am gonna get the special X VP44 through Blue Chip. I talked to Chip Fisher the owner and her said the pump is advanced a little, you get 2 to 3 better mpg, and an extra 2 HP at the rear wheels. They are selling better than the oem remans. The oem reman is $1,600, the special X is $1,900. only 300 more and still comes with the bosch 1 year warrentee just like the oem reman. Its not a hotrod VP44 cause i told him i didn't want my truck to shake like that. he said it won't but will sound a lil different, im guessing either louder or just meaner with a different tone. Anyways dude if you have any other info on those and answer the questions i sent you that would be awsome. Thanks a lot for your help.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Talk with the guys at black widow and see what they say. The injectors you are looking at may warrant only a stage 1 charger.
I really can't comment on the spool up because Matt is the only one I have talk to directly about the chargers, and at the time he was testing chargers for turbonetics and hadn't settled on a combination as far as I know.
Good luck.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Talk with the guys at black widow and see what they say. The injectors you are looking at may warrant only a stage 1 charger.
I really can't comment on the spool up because Matt is the only one I have talk to directly about the chargers, and at the time he was testing chargers for turbonetics and hadn't settled on a combination as far as I know.
Good luck.

Thanks I apreciate the help.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 10:33 PM
turbomatt1

Send a message via Yahoo to turbomatt1
Mines the Torque Master 66mm w/ an 84ar ex housing. An Excellent turbocharger.
I make about 52psi & have run a best pass of 11.40 @ 116mph with my 5800lb daily driver.

-Matt
Turbomatt1
94 Ram 2500 2x4 Garmonized! [email protected]
(24mpg, all #2, daily driver on: )
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomatt1 View Post
Mines the Torque Master 66mm w/ an 84ar ex housing. An Excellent turbocharger.
I make about 52psi & have run a best pass of 11.40 @ 116mph with my 5800lb daily driver.

Hows the spooling on it? I just want to be able to drive the truck on the street. the guys at black widow said to use a .51ar or a .68ar exhaust housing for a daily driver and some towing. I told him i wanted very little lag with 90 - 130hp sticks. Whats do you have for a chip or sticks? I also heard they whistle really loud is that true? (thats a good thing)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:13 PM

No chip on a '94

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode