For 1996-2002 Dodge
10) Remove the battery cables from the negative terminals on both batteries. Locate the PCM. It is
on the firewall, passenger side, behind the air box.
11) There are three (3) PCM connectors. You will need to tap a wire that runs to the middle white
connector, and a wire that runs to the inside black connector (closest to engine). Unplug these
connectors one at a time so that you can access these wires more easily.
12) We recommend that you perform these wire connections approximately 10” from the connector. If
necessary, carefully cut the wire loom wrapping to access the wires.
13) Find the light green w/ white stripe wire that goes to pin 29 of the middle connector and cut it
about 10” from the plug.
14) Solder the white wire from VBA to the cut end of the light green w/ white stripe wire that runs to the
white PCM plug. Tape or heat-shrink all solder joints.
15) Solder the green wire from VBA to the cut end of the light green w/ white stripe wire that runs into
the wire loom, away from the PCM plug. Tape or heat-shrink all solder joints.
16) Find the black w/ tan stripe wire that goes to pin 32 of the inside connector (closest to engine) and strip
back about a ½” inch of the insulation, approximately 10” from the plug. Do not cut this wire.
17) Solder the black wire from VBA to the black w/tan stripe wire in the wire loom that you just stripped.
Tape or heat-shrink all solder joints.
18) Reassemble wiring harness with black electrical tape. Insert VBA inside of loom.
NOTE: If your valve body has been modified prior to the installation of VBA, go back to the middle
white; inspect the orange wire for the presence of heat shrink and/or a resistor. If a resistor is present, it
must be removed and orange wire soldered back together.
10) Reconnect the negative terminals on both batteries.
Wiring Diagram for 1996-2002 Dodge
(Passenger’s side of firewall, behind air box)
Middle (White) Connector
Light Green w/ White tracer wire
Inside (Black) Connector
Black w/ Tan tracer wire
WHITE WIRE GREEN WIRE
97 jeep, 4BT,D60s,ARBs,NV4500,atlas,42 swampers
98 grail 12 valve, quad cab, short bed, 4x4, auto, no mods at all.