Fass fuel pump install - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Murray689, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 6265 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Fass fuel pump install

Just for anyone interested I just got through a couple of days ago installing a fass fuel pump with a new pick-up tube kit for the tank. Everything went very well I was suprised to see how easy it went on.
Once I installed a fuel pressure guage I saw that I only had 7 lbs. at Idle and zero at wide open. Now I have 16 at idle and around 11 or 12 at wide open. The only thing that slowed me down was I did not know that my truck had been sent back to Dodge by the previous owner to install fuel pump in the tank. So I was about half way into the install when I realized this so I had to hook the old system and get on the phone and order the new pick up tube for the tank. I got the pick up tube in a couple of days lowered and drilled the tank installed the tube and finished the install. Was kind of worried about the injection pump being bad due to not knowing how long the truck has been running with low fuel pressure but the truck is running great so far with no hard starts and no dead pedal.

2001 Dodge ram 2500 auto 4x4 cummins. 4.10 gears, 285 tires. Superchip, CFM+ intake, K&N air filter, 4" exaust. Issopro fuel pressure gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 04:49 AM

yeah, FASS systems are pretty easy. I've heard people quote 5 hours, but honestly, I can get them done in about 2.5 BS'ing all the way through.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray689
Once I installed a fuel pressure guage I saw that I only had 7 lbs. at Idle and zero at wide open. Now I have 16 at idle and around 11 or 12 at wide open.
Interesting your stock transfer pump was doing that bad. And your truck was still up and running fine?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phily 911
Interesting your stock transfer pump was doing that bad. And your truck was still up and running fine?

Yea I know I was really worried after reading the instalation instructions from fass say that I could have problems, but I've been driving it for 4 days now and no thouble so far.

2001 Dodge ram 2500 auto 4x4 cummins. 4.10 gears, 285 tires. Superchip, CFM+ intake, K&N air filter, 4" exaust. Issopro fuel pressure gauge.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 PM

I have problems with hard starts when hot with my truck sometimes. Its kind of hit and miss, Its because of the bad metering diaphragm like they mention in their trouble shooting guide. I didn't have the issue until 3 weeks after I installed the FASS, and it really only seems to happen when the truck is hot on a hot day.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode