FASS advice - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hemichallenger, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 510 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

FASS advice

I'm putting a FASS system on my 02 CTD short bed and when I was lookin by the fillerneck, it doesn't seem like there's alot of room with the front mount for the springs. I was curious who else had installed one of these on a shortbed and if possible any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 AM

Sorry, man, I haven't done a short bed truck myself. However a friend of mine did, so I'll give him a call in the morning and see if he can offer any insight. So your problem is you think it will hit your spring hangers is that it? I think you have to mount them closer to the cab on the short bed trucks but I'm not 100% on that.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemichallenger
I'm putting a FASS system on my 02 CTD short bed and when I was lookin by the fillerneck, it doesn't seem like there's alot of room with the front mount for the springs. I was curious who else had installed one of these on a shortbed and if possible any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mine is on a 4x4 sb Air Dog the unit is mounted behind the transfer case. 1998.5. on the inside of the frame rail.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 AM

I have a fass 150 on my 99 ctd and with 2 of us working at it it only took a few hours to put on. It's very simple just follow the instructions that come with it. My friend has one on his 02 pulling truck [which is for sale,built by enterprise] the system mounts in front of the rear tire on the drivers side. I have no complaints about mine.

99 Cummins 2500
Amsoil CAI,BD boost elbow,Comp hot,Fass 150,Full billet Trans built by joe wilcocks,BD T/C and valvebody,lock up switch,BD exhaust manifold,125 hp sticks,ATS intake,6in. mitr cut stacks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 AM
NHRDA Race Director

Follow the instructions and you will be ok. Few points to remember.

Do it with a buddy. They are heavy and it makes it MUCH easier to mock up and get it in the right spot to drill.

Because of the tight spot I take the mounting plate off and use a C clamp to hold it to the frame while I drill it. I couldnt swing a hammer hard enough to center punch so I use the plate as my guide.

Dont go for the kill when drilling it. Start small and go bigger, unless you have some REAL sharp bits.

When it comes to pushing on the lines, dont be stingy with the oil. Lube the crap out of it and push like hell ...... you want to seat the hose.

If you have any questions.... I will do my best to answer them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 PM

your problem is the same as mine but no worry just mount it forward more. i wish i could send a picture but i cant ever seem to get them to work on here. mine is mounted just behind the cab. it will work fine. if you go to my myspace page you can catch a glimps of it on my truck but no actual picture of the pump itself. sorry i cant be much more help then that, but as long as you listen to everyone on this site you can do this yourself takes 2 guys about 2 hours to do and that is with some beers involved good luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks everyone, looks like i'm just mounting the unit farther forward. also curious- i don't have the normal fuel line that comes with the kit, is it fine to just pick up some 3/8" fuel line as a replacement and how difficult is it to just go ahead and move up to 1/2" since I'm just installing the system? thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode