VALAIR Clutch - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by groceryjunkie, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1231 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

VALAIR Clutch

Can anybody tell me if this VALAIR Clutch is any good? My 2002 Dodge 5.9L HO will easily spin the stock clutch and I cant afford a SouthBend.

Or can anyone recomend a good clutch for my application?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM

get the Valair, they're reputable, but people seem to have this thing for Southbend, I'm Prolly gonna get a Valair when I get my truck
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
I would love to here more about the VALAIR clutches... I'm not made of money either... I'm also looking towards a slipping clutch too...:

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Stupid question, what is a silencer ring???

I see everybody has one but what is a silencer ring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man
I would love to here more about the VALAIR clutches... I'm not made of money either... I'm also looking towards a slipping clutch too...:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 PM

um, it's the ring on the intake side of the turbo after the bo that cuts down the turbo whistle, pretty uselss, but the whistle is cool when you remove it
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 AM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncummins
um, it's the ring on the intake side of the turbo after the bo that cuts down the turbo whistle, pretty uselss, but the whistle is cool when you remove it
lol you got that right, "get rid of the ring and make'r sing" i noticed quite a bit more whistle when i ditched the ring cant wait for the cold air intake to get more whistle

hey cajun arent you getting tired of that dogged old chevy yet? goin for a 12v, 24v, or CR?:smoke

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM

I have put in two organic/feramic valair clutches so far. One was in a G56 trans and the other was in a nv5600. The G56 truck has the hot juice (180hp) and the NV5600 just had a regular juice w/ attitude. The clutches in both of these trucks are smooth and neither have slipped so far.
I would highly recommend valair, their customer service is great and their product is excellent. Call Kevin at valair, he can get you lined up on what clutch is best for you, and he is always happy to help.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteWhiteRam
lol you got that right, "get rid of the ring and make'r sing" i noticed quite a bit more whistle when i ditched the ring cant wait for the cold air intake to get more whistle

hey cajun arent you getting tired of that dogged old chevy yet? goin for a 12v, 24v, or CR?:smoke
well, as soon as I get to goin to college my dad will give me a certain budget he is willing to go for for a truck, one of two paths, get a 12v, immediately pull hte engine, kdp, studs, thicker gasket, ddp injectors, laser cut dv's, 4 GSK, 60 lb springs, no plate, mack plug, full forward, adjusted star wheels and afc, 5 inch exhaust, Valair, 66 turbo, don't know from where though, and probably 20* timing all this I feel would be in my budget. I'm lookin to work in a diesel shop through college and was thinking of getting the pump benched too

or a CR, save up my money, stack TST Powermax and smarty, hot rod cp3, prolly some tips too, 5 inch stack, mitre cut, right below the cab, studs, 66 turbo, Valair

and yeah, I'm gettin tired of the gasser, especially when I can make 60 gallons of diesel a week for 70 cents a damn gallon
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 AM

I'm in the market for clutches right now. 250hp towing clutch can't hold the 12 valve. ^^^ looks like you got a plan, my dad says I have to finish college before I can start spendin on stuff like that, but the clutch is urgent. Probly get one in the neighborhood of 450-500hp so's I can add the power later.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:54 AM

well, that's why I haggled for the budget, so that I could do what I wanted without him telling me what I can or can't do, but if smokem decides he wants to teach me his ways those plans might change, and yeah, the Valair is the way to go, Southbend is a little too expensive to justify

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode