TC lock - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by EverydayStroker, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 591 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

TC lock

a buddy of mine has an 01 cummins with an auto tranny (obviously due to thread name) but he was wondering if there was anyway to do a lock on his TC. i know on fords you just need to run ground a wire and run it to a switch.. are dodges anything like this? any info would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 AM

Garage
yes you can do it like stated with the ford. I did this on mine. I don't have the link to the diagram anymore. someone should be able to point you in the right direction

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Orange wire/Black stripe coming out of your PCM middle connector.
T into it.
Run it to a switch and ground the other side of the switch.
Manual jump your trans relay.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

alright thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM

what is the point in of doing a TC lockup.

2001, 2500 tow rig.( BHAF with AFE turbo tube, BD AUX pump, 4" turbo back pipe, Super Phat Shaft turbo, Comp Box, SMARTY, Gauges { egt, boost, tranny}, Fully built Tranny, New BD-VP44, 40HP injectors Painted Valve cover) Looking to smoke everyone:

93 YJ Juggy rock crawler ( UNIMOG axles with lockers F/R, Atlas 4 speed T-case full body armor, 14" fox coilovers F/R, 42" Pitbull tires on 20" beadlocks).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadtruck
what is the point in of doing a TC lockup.
Realistically,it is for testing purposes,thats about it. Anyone using it for anything else without a controller,will forget it on and end up trashing there trans.When used properly with a controller,it helps give engine braking and keeps the tc locked when wanted, if the trans is built to take it,with billet parts,and good tc,and internals,it can be good,as it provides 100% power transfer when locked.
It is also used by guys who got enough money to mod the motor,but are too cheap to buy a good torque convertor and trans,and try to get by by locking the stock TC to accelerate quicker.They quickly fry the lockup out of the tc,and forget it on as well,trashing 3rd gear and a few other parts.
On a 2001,there is no reason to lock the tc manually,as it locks in 3rd from the factory at WOT,and stays locked while it shifts to OD.The 99 and older trucks would not lock WOT until almost wound out in OD,or until OD off was selected,then it would unlock to shift to 4th,and relock when OD was turned off.

2000 Dodge CTD 2500 4x4,Qcab SWB, 4.10 LSD,PDR cam,PDR twins,DonM 6,Edge Drag Comp,RASP fuel system,DTT trans,Blizzard 810,Sidewing plow,Trynex Vp8000,Sunnybrook 3310
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Garage
I use mine on my 01 when towing to keep the temps down because factory locks up at higer speeds. but have not been towing since I found my cooler was plugged so it may not be that big of an issue with a good flowing cooler. but would say he should upgrade his parts before doing this as it can fry a stocker real quick from what i have seen. but you do know if you don't turn the switch off as it will shake the crap out of you.. but I have heard of a way someone wired it like a controller so as not to forget to turn it off

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode