smarty HP ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dodgedisorder, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1197 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
ricer's suck!

smarty HP ?

I cant find any HP ratings on the mads website and the papers that came with the smarty doesnt have any HP ratings.

could anyone tell me what the HP ratings are for each SW program?

thanx guys

2000 Dodge Ram CTD 2500, P-Pumped 180hp, ddp 150's, s300, nice camshaft, fass 150, CAT filters, full 6speed conversion all the way to the dana 80 w/ disc brakes, zoom ceramic clutch

388hp/ 959ftlbs

soon to come;
progressive nitrous, latter bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:27 AM

smarty add about 65hp. thing about the smarty u have to watch what u stack it with. on my old truck with a smarty and drag comp i made about 70hp less than just running the drag comp by itself. smarty was on level 8. dont get me wrong it felt like the truck had another 100hp but when i put it on dyno it said other wise. a buddy of my ran his on level 9 with a drag comp and made 30hp more. my truck didnt like that much timing. i have heard that if you use a box that just does fuel plus the smarty on level 9 that it will make more power.

now own 2007 5.9 6 speed afe stage 2, ppe programmer, 5inch silverline turbo back

traded it in 01 dodge, dual disc, drag comp, head o ringed and studed, stock turbo
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
ricer's suck!
Threadstarter

how much torchure do you think a stock auto can handle? would I be able to run level 8 on my smarty and not hurt the trany?

2000 Dodge Ram CTD 2500, P-Pumped 180hp, ddp 150's, s300, nice camshaft, fass 150, CAT filters, full 6speed conversion all the way to the dana 80 w/ disc brakes, zoom ceramic clutch

388hp/ 959ftlbs

soon to come;
progressive nitrous, latter bars
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 AM

level 8 and 9 are the same. level 8 does not add any timming. as for hp any stock tranny will not handle much more than 65hp. my dad with ez+air intake+exhaust (about 80-90hp gain total) he started to get shutter in the tranny after about a year. ANY HP THAT IS ADD TO A STOCK TRANNY WILL COOK IT. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME. ALSO IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU DRIVE IT. drive like u got some brains it will last a little longer.

now own 2007 5.9 6 speed afe stage 2, ppe programmer, 5inch silverline turbo back

traded it in 01 dodge, dual disc, drag comp, head o ringed and studed, stock turbo
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Thats funny, i was talking to a friend about an hour ago about the same thing. Like you said, he was dynoing with smarty on #8 fueling only and comp on 5x5, cant remember exact numbers, low to mid 400, then dynoed with just comp and numbers went over 500. Just goes to show not all trucks will respond the same and how other mods may effect this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyourdiesel
smarty add about 65hp. thing about the smarty u have to watch what u stack it with. on my old truck with a smarty and drag comp i made about 70hp less than just running the drag comp by itself. smarty was on level 8. dont get me wrong it felt like the truck had another 100hp but when i put it on dyno it said other wise. a buddy of my ran his on level 9 with a drag comp and made 30hp more. my truck didnt like that much timing. i have heard that if you use a box that just does fuel plus the smarty on level 9 that it will make more power.
I think it depends on if your a SO or HO series engine...HO series truck don't except the electronics as well...

Like me with my SO and stacking Smarty and Edge Comp I had such a gain from the stack that I could slip my clutch on command... So for the HP I'm producing with my Edge Comp is 381/826 so stacked I know I passed the 400 HP mark...

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man
I think it depends on if your a SO or HO series engine...HO series truck don't except the electronics as well...

Like me with my SO and stacking Smarty and Edge Comp I had such a gain from the stack that I could slip my clutch on command... So for the HP I'm producing with my Edge Comp is 381/826 so stacked I know I passed the 400 HP mark...
my truck was a 01 with standard motor. with a stock vp+fass+drag comp+ddp 200hp sticks+htt quick diesel 64 i made 508hp on a load dyno. that same comb + the smarty on level 8 was 442hp on a load dyno. my buddy also had a drag truck an it killed him on the top in. he ran darn near 3/4 sec faster with out it. he agreed with me on that it felt like it gave the truck another 100hp. best thing is p pump it get rid of that electronics. with a single charger an 125hp shot of nos made 780hp+. i was going to p pump mine before it decide to take dump on me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode