New Guy - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Torre, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 1150 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

New Guy

Hey i just bought me a 2002 2500 last weekend and now i am looking for some help on what i should do to it. I know i want to do a chip upgrade, 4 inch exhaust, and an air intake. But i have have know idea were to turn to find out some info. If anyone know a good websit to read reviews or if anyone that read this could tell me what they think that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Torre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM

This site;s full of good, info, first off get some guages, egt, boost, and fuel pressure, and if it's an auto you'll need a tranny temp guage as well. the fuel guage is important baecause the injection pumps on the 24v's is not the best and you will need to keep it monitored

as for intakes, there are many good options out there, but stay away from k&n, their filters are not good enough to deal with a turbocharged engine. exhaust-wise you can straight-pipe it, or get a system, RBP, silent mite, magnaflow, anything like that

tuner wise you can get an edge juice with attitude, or a drag comp, both are excellent, though with the juice w/ att. you will have digital guages wthin the monitor, plus all sorts of others, but there are others out there and I'm sure someone else will come along and tell you about them
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Welcome to the site. Getting the proper mods. really depends on what you plan on using the truck for, and what you want to get out of it. Are you going to be towing, Daily Driving, Sled pulling, or drag racing. What HP level would you like to see, and what kind of driving manners do you want. Also a little more info would be great. What transmission, 4x4 or 4x2 etc...
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

the truck is a 4x4 with an auto. Right now the truck is just a daily driver but some day i would like to get some stuff to tow with it. I have heard really good things about the Edge juice with attitude but i wanted to here what other people who know a lot more than me would have to say. I would really like to be able to get good mpg because i drive about 100 mile to and from work every day. but when i need or want it i would like to be able to turn up the horse power. I am very new to all the diesel mods and i am just looking for some help to point me in the right direction. any help from anyone would be very cool.

Torre
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:41 PM

i had the same questions that you did a year ago and have got the pick up where i like it. the j/a is the way to go, you can adjust it to any level you want and what will get you the best milage on the long trip to work, as well as getting all the gauges and parameters that you can monitor on the attitude. as for the intake a cheap way to go would be a BHAF that is a large paper elemnt that you can get for about 40-65 bucks. but there is may options on that. the exhaust is the same way it is really personal prefernce, powerbypoole.com can get you a budget exhaust for about $300, and thats 4". for good milage, as long as you keep the rpm's under 2000 you should get pretty decent numbers but when i go over that the milage drops quit a bit. and welcome to the site, ask all the questions you need, someone will answer it!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

sounds like the edge juice with attitude is the way to go with the programer. does someone know a web site were i can read reviews form other people?

Torre
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
I would do some reading here is my listing of bombs (Signature)...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/BOMBS/bomb's.htm

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM

edge is ok but just stay awway from banks please. i would look into the bluechip products they are buy far the best product for the money for these trucks
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have never heard of bluechip befor
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM

bluechip is a very well kept secret. Like i said there is nothing wrong with edge other than everyone and there mother runs a edge comp box or a juice with additude. i dare to be diffrent and i try to get others to go the same route. i do have an edge ez i want to sell for an 02 dodge, if your interested. i also have an ez for your truck that i will just give you. it was screwing up my map scennsor so you could probbably just send it in to edge and have them fix it. i am looking into a smarty the edge box just dosnt do enough for me i dont think. but check out bluechip at Bluechipdiesel.com they specialize in these vp44 trucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode