ats diesel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by weebz90, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1123 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

ats diesel

hey guys, more than likely im goin to upgrade my transmission this summer and i haven't heard alot about ats but from what ive read they seem like a stout trans i was wondering what ur guys opinions about them are or just any suggestions would be good. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 06:38 AM

I haven't run one in my truck, but thats because my friends that have tried running them have had a lot of problems with them. One of them was quite a while ago, and the other was only about 2 years ago. I've heard that some of their transmissions are stout as hell, and that customer service is great. But the only ones I've seen in person in friends trucks, kept coming apart, and at hp levels lower than they should've.

There are a lot of builders out there, including ats. I would get on the phone with a bunch of them and see who you get the best sense from. I have a DTT and it is a stout trans, but If I were going to do it over I'd go Goerend. I'd say look at DTT, Goerend, Sun Coast, HTS, NADP and ATS as well.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,

Sry but he is the best bang for your buck wise. i think ats is to over priced but if u got some money and thinking about very very like 700+ serious power go with ats.

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 06:46 PM

I have heard nothign but problems with anything from ATS, Like said above Goerend all the way. I have heard nothing but good from them.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 PM

I had a ats tranny it lasted for about a year then really came apart on me. now i have suncoast and i love that tranny alot more then ats. A few customers of ours had ats and they kept have the torqe converter going out and now they all have suncoast and we all love it.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 AM

[QUOTE=masonjo]Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,Goerend,QU OTE]
atleast there torque converters are awsome i would look them up forsure
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Official TDG Doctor

I would go w/ nothing but Dave Goerend! he's a great guy and has great products...he stands behind everything and will even make a 9pm phone call just to talk about Dodge Trannys! his Triple Disc Torque converter is quite a bit cheaper then ATS's 5 star and come w/ a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!

Nathaniel

Kickin' It At The Passing Lane
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks for the info. mines only slipping a little when i turn it on 5 so i got some time but i dont think ive ever heard anyone on here say somethin bad about goerend and ill definetly look into it but should i go with the whole tranny or maybe just valve bodies and a torque converter? i mean ill shell out the change if its worth it for the whole trans. im goin to start haulin a goose neck trailer with my 78 ford f-250 on it a lot this summer if that helps any.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:12 AM

I called ats this afternoon and they said that they dont have time to help me with my torque convertor problem. He said that I need to get a book to help me and there are other people waiting on the other line.

97 jeep, 4BT,D60s,ARBs,NV4500,atlas,42 swampers
98 grail 12 valve, quad cab, short bed, 4x4, auto, no mods at all.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:08 PM

hmmm i wouldnt give ats the time of day then.. but if you get a trip disc converter from georend and clutches you want to get a billet input becuase the wieght of the tc and the clutches wont slip like the stocker so stuff will break if you put the power to it. and if you plan on boosted launches its safe to get a billet output to. but you wont find nothing cheaper than dave georend. and imo and wat it sounds you cant beat what he is got.

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode