help just installed new trans - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by iwannagofast, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 586 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

help just installed new trans

I just installed my new tranny from hts and t/c from suncoast.

Now when at idle in neutral and park the truck has a small shake, like a tire when its out of balance, its nothing real bad at all but, it kind of has me thinking.

any ideas? or am i just being paranoid?
any input would help

the tranny is freakin awesome it shifts great :Thumbup: , but hts says to let it shift through all the gears 50-100 times before running at wot or really hard so I haven't got to get on it really hard yet. But i will keep you posted.

thanks, Eric

99 2500 dodge cummins, HTS auto trans, quadzilla/edge ez, edge stage 2 nozzles, HX40,special X pump, big line kit, custom dual filter intake, custom exhaust, holley blue, adjustable boost elbow, new intercooler boots, t/c lock up switch, suncoast t/c, leveling kit, new 285 bfg's, all the gauges. New TPS

SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 AM

Rotating mass can really mess with things, especially if you amplify the mass, it can make shakes and vibrations more noticeable. I would say its probably because the new converter has more mass and everything is tighter inside. Thats just a guess though.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:19 AM

Garage
give it some time and get used to it. I was without my truck for a couple months before I had my tranny to go in so I didn't notice any difference but you were doing this with only a days wait so it probably changed some. good to know it's in and going.

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode