Any ideas? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by smokndiesel7588, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 717 times.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Singles Club #2
 
smokndiesel7588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lebanon, PA/Flint, MI
Posts: 496
Points: 32,188
Thanks: 40
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts


Send a message via AIM to smokndiesel7588
Any ideas?

I pulled out the other day and was accelerating, when the CEL came on and the truck went from 40mph down to 30mph for a short distance. I ran a code check on an ODB II scanner and pulled a P1689 (No communication between ECM and Injector pump module), a P0234 (Engine overboost), and a P0500 (No vehicle speed sensor signal). Then that night, I got on the accelerator at a redlight and it accelerated to 35 smoothly, then a few audible pops came from somewhere in the drivetrain. I got stopped at a train and hopped out to check that all the u-joints and parts of the driveshafts were tight.

Could this be my tranny causing the codes to pop up when the truck goes into the temporary "limp" mode? :shrug: I had the injector pump and lift pump replaced just over 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Greg
My Truck- '02 Dodge Ram 2500 QCLB...ISSPRO Gauges...110hp DDP Injectors...Smarty..TST Comp..Pro52 turbo..BHAF...4" Turbo back to single 8" mitre...converted to NV5600 with SB Street DD

Bro's Trucks- 97 Dodge Ram 2500 5spd 12V...DDP 90hp Injectors...Half-Cut DV's..0 Plate...starwheel turned..kdp & 5th gear fix...17.5deg timing...SB Feramic 13" clutch

96 Dodge Ram 2500 12V XCLB...auto...2wd...SOLD
smokndiesel7588 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 AM
2nd Gen Guru
 
Mopar1973Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Meadows, Idaho
Posts: 2,641
Points: 54,984
Thanks: 9
Thanked 140 Times in 131 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokndiesel7588
I pulled out the other day and was accelerating, when the CEL came on and the truck went from 40mph down to 30mph for a short distance. I ran a code check on an ODB II scanner and pulled a P1689 (No communication between ECM and Injector pump module), a P0234 (Engine overboost), and a P0500 (No vehicle speed sensor signal). Then that night, I got on the accelerator at a redlight and it accelerated to 35 smoothly, then a few audible pops came from somewhere in the drivetrain. I got stopped at a train and hopped out to check that all the u-joints and parts of the driveshafts were tight.

Could this be my tranny causing the codes to pop up when the truck goes into the temporary "limp" mode? :shrug: I had the injector pump and lift pump replaced just over 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
P1689 (No communication between ECM and Injector pump module) (LIMP MODE! is used for this error)
Check all the wiring between the injection pump and the ECM... There was a moment of time when the ECM couldn't talk to the injection pump. Dirty connector or such...

P0500 (No vehicle speed sensor signal)
Usualcase by spinning the tires. You got to remember there is speed sensors in front and the rear tire where spinning faster than the fronts and create a error. Nothing to worry about...

P0234 (Engine overboost) (LIMP MODE! is used for this error)
You got a wastegate problem or MAP sensor problem... I don't see any performance box or programmer in the signature... So normally there is a boost fooler and boost elbow used for extra boost.

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
Mopar1973Man is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Singles Club #2
Threadstarter
 
smokndiesel7588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lebanon, PA/Flint, MI
Posts: 496
Points: 32,188
Thanks: 40
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts


Send a message via AIM to smokndiesel7588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man
P1689 (No communication between ECM and Injector pump module) (LIMP MODE! is used for this error)
Check all the wiring between the injection pump and the ECM... There was a moment of time when the ECM couldn't talk to the injection pump. Dirty connector or such...

P0500 (No vehicle speed sensor signal)
Usualcase by spinning the tires. You got to remember there is speed sensors in front and the rear tire where spinning faster than the fronts and create a error. Nothing to worry about...

P0234 (Engine overboost) (LIMP MODE! is used for this error)
You got a wastegate problem or MAP sensor problem... I don't see any performance box or programmer in the signature... So normally there is a boost fooler and boost elbow used for extra boost.
So you're guessing it has nothing to do with the tranny slippin?

Greg
My Truck- '02 Dodge Ram 2500 QCLB...ISSPRO Gauges...110hp DDP Injectors...Smarty..TST Comp..Pro52 turbo..BHAF...4" Turbo back to single 8" mitre...converted to NV5600 with SB Street DD

Bro's Trucks- 97 Dodge Ram 2500 5spd 12V...DDP 90hp Injectors...Half-Cut DV's..0 Plate...starwheel turned..kdp & 5th gear fix...17.5deg timing...SB Feramic 13" clutch

96 Dodge Ram 2500 12V XCLB...auto...2wd...SOLD
smokndiesel7588 is offline  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
2nd Gen Guru
 
Mopar1973Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Meadows, Idaho
Posts: 2,641
Points: 54,984
Thanks: 9
Thanked 140 Times in 131 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokndiesel7588
So you're guessing it has nothing to do with the tranny slippin?
No tranny code(s) present... So basically transmission shouldn't have anything to do with Overboost error and Injection pump error... 2 error code that relate solely to the engine and have absolutely nothing to do with the transmission...

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
Mopar1973Man is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome