new guy needin a little advice!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by egghead, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 693 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

new guy needin a little advice!!

Hello everyone i just bought a 99 dodge cummins extended cab shortbox. it has 136000 miles on it with a five speed manual. it has an aftermarket air cleaner and the wastegate unhooked. i am going to buy the quadzilla adrenaline chip and maybe the stage 5 jammer injector nozzles and was wondering what kind of hp i might have with that setup. ive had a powerstroke but dont know much more than the basics about the cummins. oh and by the way im glad i got a cummins cuz i love it! oh and i was wondering if you can do anything to these 24v without spendin money like little tricks to give it just that little bit more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 02:36 PM

I dont know alot about the adrenaline but I can tell that the jammer nozzles will be hot and smoky. I had the III's in my truck, I liked them, for $200 you can't beat them. The 5's are going to be pretty hot for a stock turbo. Especially with the adrenaline, I assume its a pretty big box that would get hot by itself.

And, If you get those two your clutch wont hold anything on top of 3rd gear when you get into it.

I had an Edge comp HOT and Jammer III's and could slip my clutch in 4th with the comp on 3x3 when ever I wanted.

And, at these fuel levels you will have to have a lift pump to keep fuel to the VP44 injection pump, keep an eye on this, they are expensive. Fuel pressure numbers in a perfect world need to be around 16-18psi and idle and 13-16 psi at WOT. DONT RUN THE INJECTION PUMP HARD WITH LOW FUEL PRESSURE, IT USES FUEL FOR LUBRICATION AND THIS WILL DAMAGE THE PUMP.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

2003 GMC LB7 DMax/Alli, 4" Exhaust w/ Muffler, 6" Rolled Edge Tip, AFE Drop-in Filter, 16x9 Moto Metal 951's, 285 BFG A/T, Debaged, Full Tint Job, Denali Grill, B&W TurnoverBall, 7" In-Dash DVD Toushscreen, Clear Headlights

Wreck' em Tech

SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #21

FOR SALE $23,500
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Cummins Man

Well for one hook back up the wastegate and put a boost elbow on it so you dont detonate it. I've heard allot of people like the Jammer IIIs better then the five because power difference isnt that noticable and the 3s run a bit cooler. You will be getting hot with just the adrenaline though. Like said above the clutch will be gone shortly and you will need to upgrade it and the fuel system. I really like the airdog system for a fuel system and Southbend for clutches. I ran a FE in my last truck and other then being jerky on take off it held great. I would get a fuel preasure guage on it ASAP so you dont kill the VP.

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM

well you think before all the fuel you should go get alternative to the factory lift pump? be safe a cummings should go forever as long as its done right and not just dumpin fuel. choke that fuel system look forward to 1800 ish in repairs with parts
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning4130
well you think before all the fuel you should go get alternative to the factory lift pump? be safe a cummings should go forever as long as its done right and not just dumpin fuel. choke that fuel system look forward to 1800 ish in repairs with parts

it's not a cummings motor is a cummins...

like they say fuel pressure first. If the fuel system is totally stock get a good system fass airdog etc. run some 2 stroke oil to lube the pump in better shape. do whole injectors when you do it. to keep egts down a bigger exhaust would be good too.

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
99 cummins

invest in some guages first; pyro, fuel pressure, boost, these are worth there weight in gold

99 cummins, 5-speed, edge comp, speedhut guages, fass 150 system, s&b cold air intake, ces two piece manifold, 5 inch straight exhaust with a 6 inch tip, 5 inch superlift, 4:10 gears, dynatrack lock in lock outs, 35x14.50 thornbirds on 16.5x12 mickey tompson classic 2's, alpine head unit, 1600 watt amp, 2 12 inch subs
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:20 AM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by customdeluxe78
invest in some guages first; pyro, fuel pressure, boost, these are worth there weight in gold
This is so true! The is nothing better that having a set of ANALOG GAUGES in your truck no matter what happen to a electronic enhancement box or wiring the gauges always work!

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ok thats what ill start savin for. and it surely wont hurt the engine having the wastegate unhooked as long as im not pulling anything or getting on it alot will it? is there anything i can do to this truck to get anymore power out of it without spending a great lot of money for now? and thanks for all the help i appreciate it very much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode