missing - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 7.3 4x4 power, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 630 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
singles club 213!!!

Garage
missing

i have just recently purchased an 02 cummins traded it for my stroker but i was making a 1400 mile round trip and 400 miles out it started missing i was driving 80 mph and it has done it 3 times the engine light is on and the code is something about the inj pump it has a banks exhaust and a k&n ram air i think the turbo is stock but i only get 9.6 mpg i found that out after i bought it any help is apreciated thanks

08 DODGE crew cab long bed sxt 6.7 4x4 g56 w/ gray interior camo covered seats and dash 33 bfg km2's ranch hand front bumper and head ache rack, rhino lined bed and fuel transfer tank with bmc tool box dpf deleted egr unplugged runnin on an edge (show truck)

88 FORD four door long bed 7.3 4x4 fresh rebuild on engine 5 speed with banks turbo straight piped 3'' turbo back with 5 '' tip 5% tint all around also a b&w trailer hitch with 95 stroker front seat and 95 front clip(rebuilding)

08 FORD single cab ranger 2wd 3.2 auto stock (work truck)

93 DODGE super cab long bed 5.9 auto w/ muffler cut out(work truck)

02 DODGE super cab dually 2wd 5.9 cummins auto W/ banks exhaust and k&n air raid pushing 35 psi(oil field weed spray truck)

04 DODGE four door short bed 2wd 5.9 6 speed all but 1 cat cut out i think(haulin truck)

01 YAMAHA raptor 660 k&n filter single carb\ conversion kit and full fmf exhaust someday cam and piston(favorie toy) !!

08 CAN AM renegade 800 stock all but a k&n
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:10 PM

Garage
sounds like you had poor fuel pressure which was starving the injection pump and wondeded of not killed it. best investment would be a fuel pressure guage once you get it all figured out. could have a bad ground to your lift pump as mine did and did the same thing. check fuel pressure first to know if your lift pump died.. sounds like someone may have known it was going out. 9.6 was that empty? I have never gotten under 11mpg with mine and it's a 4x4 and I was out wheeling and hauling that trip.

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Traveling at 80 MPH your not going to do so great on MPG's anyways... Remember its a Dodge Cummins TRUCK (~7000#). It not a sports car... Drive like a white man and good number will come... I'm hitting now 20-21 MPG rather easy...

If you want better MPG's read this it works!
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%2..._mpgs/mpgs.htm

As for the miss... I bet money 01quadcab is right your lift pump had died on the fly starved the injection pump and now the damage is done.

But here is the diagnostics for it...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%2...ift%20pump.htm
(MINIMUM FUEL PRESSURE AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE IS 10 PSI)

So if you got to replace the injection pump here is the instructions...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%2...eplacement.htm

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode