Banks screwed my tranny shifter! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by '00Cummins3500, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 570 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Banks screwed my tranny shifter!

I have a 2000 3500 with 4-speed automatic. I have about 126,000 miles now. I have a banks brake exhast brake, & an edge hot comp ship i just put on. When I pulled my under-dash panel off i found a banks ottomind & a banks smart lock trans controller. What do these do, I cant find any info on them? The truck had all this banks stuff plus banks dynofact gagues 7 monster exhaust when I bought the truck. My transmission shifter is so screwed I cant find reverse, neutral, & 1st & 2nd are the same. When I try neutral its like its in drive, & when I try reverse, it will pull forward about a foot, stop, & if you try to accelerate, the gas is really hard to mash. WHATS MY PROBLEM???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 PM

Sounds like the linkage to be honest. Mine was acting the same way when I was installing my trans, and my linkage was still loose. I tightened up all the shift linkages on the trans itself and was just fine. The valvebody is mechanical for the shifting stuff, so its not an electronic thing messing you up.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah but that banks smart lock has a little cylinder looking device on the linkage that is operated off the exhaust brake, and that cylinder wont put the shift linkage into reverse, its got to be electronic because i can unhook all that crap & put it in gear manually. I got a buddy with a smarty to read my codes & I got one for a trans solenoid relay or something.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Da Bomb Squad!

if you can pull all that Banks stuff off and start over

02.5 25004x4 Sport,4:10,Silver,Quad,shrt bx,47RE HD Auto,SLT
BoMBS HIDs,Custom Grill,Custom console for,CB,ScanguageII,Firestik,Isspro FP, EGT & Boost Gauges,Skyjacker Springs,Bilsteins,ScottyII,Thuren,Dual 6" Stove Pipes,Vulcan Big lines,DSS,Drag Comp,VP44-X,MACH4s,HTT 62/71
Save'n pennies for 47 BloodType: Diesel...477HP 1194TQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode