47-re - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CumminsTorq, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 556 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
I now drive a Duramax...

47-re

What is a rough cost of a shop buying a 47-re? I have a Wynn's warranty on my 01' and was wondering what the cost of a new 47-re compared to an ATS tranny. If I blow something on my truck I wan't to be able to replace it with an ATS part. I know some shops will work with it and some wont. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
I now drive a Duramax...
Threadstarter

And not that I have the money to buy it but how much hp/trq is the ATS stage 6 trans good for?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM

If the shop was buying the trans from dodge, it would cost a lot. My friend looked into buying one before he got his dtt, and he said it was about $6400. Now, with that said, I have never personally called and asked, and a trans can be rebuilt much cheaper than that with standard parts. If I were you, I would have them compare it to a transmission built by Dave Goerend. His prices always seem to be a lot less, and I have never heard a bad word about his product. ATS on the other hand, the only people I have known who bought their transmissions had issues with snapping shafts etc. Once they switched to a different brand that problem went away. Could've been a batch of bad shafts or something, but it left me a little leary.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 AM
A Slave To The Trade

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DZL BULL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
If the shop was buying the trans from dodge, it would cost a lot. My friend looked into buying one before he got his dtt, and he said it was about $6400. Now, with that said, I have never personally called and asked, and a trans can be rebuilt much cheaper than that with standard parts. If I were you, I would have them compare it to a transmission built by Dave Goerend. His prices always seem to be a lot less, and I have never heard a bad word about his product. ATS on the other hand, the only people I have known who bought their transmissions had issues with snapping shafts etc. Once they switched to a different brand that problem went away. Could've been a batch of bad shafts or something, but it left me a little leary.
Sean
yea i just posted a forum about ats trannies just to get and general idea of what the dodge diesel community thought of them. alot of the guys here say go with gorend trans. so that maybe what i end up with since their are alot of good things said about them and plus i heard that too about ats shafts going bad. could have been a bad batch like he said but why take that chance?

New Ride: 2005 F-350, Long Bed, Single Cab, Single Rear Wheel, 6 Speed Handshaker Backed By A Set Of 3.73's Limited Slip, Fx4, Build Date: 12/11/04

Motor: Fumoto Drain Valve, DFUSER'S Coolant Filter, Zoodad Mod, CCV Re-routed Exterior: Chrome Door Handles, Recon's Smoked Cab Lights, Acetoned F-350 Badges, 08 Rear Diff Cover, Smoked 3rd Brake Light, Recon Line Of Fire
Exhaust: Factory Pipe w/ Cat and Muffler GoneInterior: ISSPRO EV2 Gauges Fuel, Pyrometer, and BoostPerformance: XCAL 3 Gone Looney Thanks to Vivian at Quick Tricks Performance

Old Faithful: '93 7.3 IDI w/ 5 speed, turbo'd with all 12lbs. of boost she can take. Straight piped and the fuel turned up just a little. Pyro and Boost gauge

Daily Driver: 91 Ford F-150 Single Cab Long Bed4X4, 5.0 w/E40D Rough Country Leveling Kit, K&N Air Filter, Delta Tool Box, Uniden Solara Marine Band CB, Custom Tuned Antanae, Pioneer Head Unit, Kenwood 6X9's Behind the Seat, Pioneer Door Speakers, Kicker Amp Pushing 3 10" MTX Audio Subs

Lush Elite# 16
B.O.M.B Squad# 1 - Better Off Modified Baby!!!
Singles Club# 99
Ridin' High# 10
Ridin' Dirty# 3 - It Takes Skill In A Single Cab
American Club# 12

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode