Leaking Automatic Transmission Cooler Lines - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 91rangerturbo, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 5020 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Boost Junkie

Leaking Automatic Transmission Cooler Lines

What have people done to fix this? Mine were leaking and i replaced temporary with some 1/2 hose where it was leaking. But my new tranny should be in this week and i am looking for a permanent replacement?

Has anyone replaced there factory aluminum tubing with hydraulic hose and new fittings? If so what size and what fittings are needed?

I need to have the replacement lines ready when i install the new transmission so i have no way of measuring them.

Josh
1999 White Dodge 24v Goerend Auto SLT 4x4

1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 Turbo charged with a Holset HY35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Where are they leaking? The fittings at the heat exchanger are -8 SAE and I believe they are the same at the trans as well. Where you may run into trouble with this is at the trans cooler because they are push lock, however... You could cut the tube close and have the end flared and push the hose over that.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

They rubbed together right under the pan where they run side by side.

That's what i meant i used for temporary. But i also still using some factory line too.

So i have gathered this.
The fittings at the heat exchanger are -8 SAE and on the transmission. But the fittings on the trans cooler are push lock. Could i use JIC fittings there?

I would like to purchase everything before this weekend and just put the new transmission in and put the hose's right on. And not have to chase anything down since this is my daily driver.

Josh
1999 White Dodge 24v Goerend Auto SLT 4x4

1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 Turbo charged with a Holset HY35
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=91rangerturbo;643732]They rubbed together right under the pan where they run side by side.

That's what i meant i used for temporary. But i also still using some factory line too.

That just happened to my truck this past weekend along with the positive cable that goes up to the batteries. I just bought a new positive cable and new tranny line from the dealer. Both schafed on the crossmember under the oil pan. Sounds like this is a common problem. My torque converter isn't to happy now that the tranny lost some fluid. Hoping to get another month out of it then i can just upgrade the the converter cause the rest of the tranny is fine. I would use the factory tranny line and just tie rap a section of thick heater hose around it. Thats what i am planning on doing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode