Update on my truck...and my mental condition - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jeffybuilt, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 709 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia

Update on my truck...and my mental condition

Hey guys, hope you are all thawing out a bit from last weeks freeze. I know it got pretty dang cold here in Indiana. Anyway, I put a post up about a week or 2 ago simply stating my truck was for sale. Well, its not. My tranny was doing some super crazy things and I was, more or less, just really getting frustrated with my truck. I FINALLY calmed down and got in touch with Tim at State Line Diesel (269-663-8571) and he kind of talked me down from the bridge, per say, and refered me to a tranny shop he has had good luck with. So, I decided to take the plunge of $2500 for a professional rebuild (hard to do for me, because I do EVERYTHING myself...) and am glad I chose that route. I will have my truck back on Friday morning. The shop doing the work is Certified Transmission (574-256-5529) out of Mishawaka, IN. I already cant thank them enough, as I have recieved a phone call for approval on everything that was questionable. The staff there seems very knowledgeable about our trucks, and even have some "custom" tricks up thier sleves for the 47RE tranny. Anyway, I just wanted to give props to those people and all you here on this site for reminding me how awesome our trucks are, and how much better they can be when repaired correctly!
I will give a full update on the tranny work (with new torque converter!) when I pick up the truck on Friday...Untill then, if you are in Indianapolis, I'll be the guy trying to get black smoke to blow out of my borrowed Honda Civic!

My truck wants to be a semi when it grows up...
Singles Club #247

TDG Mafia Member

Thanks To:

Certified Transmission, Mishawaka, IN
http://www.certifiedtransmissiononline.com/home-6.html

State Line Diesel, Edwardsburg, MI
(269) 663-8571
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
stock is boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffybuilt View Post
Hey guys, hope you are all thawing out a bit from last weeks freeze. I know it got pretty dang cold here in Indiana. Anyway, I put a post up about a week or 2 ago simply stating my truck was for sale. Well, its not. My tranny was doing some super crazy things and I was, more or less, just really getting frustrated with my truck. I FINALLY calmed down and got in touch with Tim at State Line Diesel (269-663-8571) and he kind of talked me down from the bridge, per say, and refered me to a tranny shop he has had good luck with. So, I decided to take the plunge of $2500 for a professional rebuild (hard to do for me, because I do EVERYTHING myself...) and am glad I chose that route. I will have my truck back on Friday morning. The shop doing the work is Certified Transmission (574-256-5529) out of Mishawaka, IN. I already cant thank them enough, as I have recieved a phone call for approval on everything that was questionable. The staff there seems very knowledgeable about our trucks, and even have some "custom" tricks up thier sleves for the 47RE tranny. Anyway, I just wanted to give props to those people and all you here on this site for reminding me how awesome our trucks are, and how much better they can be when repaired correctly!
I will give a full update on the tranny work (with new torque converter!) when I pick up the truck on Friday...Untill then, if you are in Indianapolis, I'll be the guy trying to get black smoke to blow out of my borrowed Honda Civic!

'04 LB7 4DR LONG BED 4x4
'02 LB7 REG CAB Utility body 2wd
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Untill then, if you are in Indianapolis, I'll be the guy trying to get black smoke to blow out of my borrowed Honda Civic!
OMG! You got to be kidding...

But Congrads on the trans upgrade!

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM

Ok tell the truth yall. I had to break down and drive the wifes second car the toyota. I dont rank high enough to drive her 00 Firebird

My truck: 01 Dully - Skirted Flatbed Welding Trk - SA 200 Lincoln - Weight 9900 - Edge Ez - Boost Elbow - Pricol Optix -Fuel - Boost - Egt Gauges - Bhaf - 5 Inch Diamond Eye - Airdog 100 - Two Stroke Oil - RV 275 Injectors - BD Intake - Amsoil - Southbend Clutch - Grid Heater MIA - 224k - Heaviest Load 32900k - jlweldingtx.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia
Threadstarter

Ha, thanks guys...only a couple more days of buzzing around in this little egg car...anyway, glad you got a laugh out of that!
Like I said, I'll post an update Friday when I get the truck back!

My truck wants to be a semi when it grows up...
Singles Club #247

TDG Mafia Member

Thanks To:

Certified Transmission, Mishawaka, IN
http://www.certifiedtransmissiononline.com/home-6.html

State Line Diesel, Edwardsburg, MI
(269) 663-8571

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode