The Diesel Garage banner

New Exhaust :D

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Badoes 
#1 ·
Finally got my new exhaust installed today. Its a 4" down pipe leading into a 5" straight pipe. It has a real nice tone to it and I can really hear the turbo when i take off now.

Talk about a pain trying to get the old one off. Took the better part of 3 hours just getting it off. I ended up cutting it right below the down pipe and right in front of the muffler. I wanted to avoid using the saw, but the pipes were too rusted together and I couldn't get them to separate.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeap when they assemble the exhuat pipes the crush the clamps into the pipe so the pipe can't slide out on you... If you got a torch you could heat it up and slide it out... Been there done that...

Reactions: Badoes
#4 ·
Thats a good idea, I'll have to keep it in mind if i ever have to pull out another stock exhaust system.

#6 ·
Funny story about my exhaust... When I got my 4 inch turbo back, I was living in Iowa at the time in an apartment. The exhaust came in, and I was going to wait for a few weeks untill I got home to Indiana to put it on at my dads shop....Well, needless to say, I was board one night, and just happend to have a case of Busch light sitting around...A few hours later, the exhaust was on, I went through 3 blades on my hack saw, and I only had about 9 beers left.....Fun times for sure! :haha

#7 ·
Yeah just put The 4"DP and 5" back. I went with a muffler cause i was worried about it being stupid loud. Stock was Str8 pipe and loud as Hell. Any sound clips with the 5" str8 piped?

#8 ·
Not yet, havent had the time to get one made of the exhaust. It gets the loudest in 5th when i speed up right around 65mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.