What Next? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by rwhite, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 560 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

What Next?

I posted earlier about a comp. But after some thinking I have some questions. I want more power but. I have issues w/ tapping the pump wire on the VP w/ the comp. Are there any longevity issues, wear issues, etc that anyone knows about. If I don't have to replace a VP I would be very happy. With that said, would I be better suited to do injectors or a bigger box? If injectors, what size and brand. I'm looking for mileage, but ultimately for mileage. So, and researching

'99 2500 4X4 5spd 104K miles Ext Cab, longbed, Banks exhaust, Exhaust Brake, BHAF, comp, Raptor 150, gauges, 100 hp sticks.

#23 B.O.M.B. Squad[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Garage
Tap the wire mines been done for 3 years now and pushing over 450. and I really liked my 40hp injectors I was running before bigger turbo and bigger injectors. They are bosh industrial just like a bosh rv 275. I still have them for sale. But I would run the box and injectors myself.

01 quad cab 4x4, edge drag comp, 4" exhaust, fass 150, 250 ddps, Jefferson State compounds 683hp so vp 11.91. AMSOIL front to rear. now back to stock 95 fummins in the works
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Local Cummins nut

Send a message via AIM to MOPAR MAN
As long as you have a good LP I think you would be just fine tapping the VP. I have been running mine tapped for 3+ years. I have had to replace the VP44 but It was becouse the LP was a POS, went out & took out the VP also. It had nothing to do with the VP being tapped. & I also got a 3-4 MPG gain on the HWY & 1-2 MPG gain city driving with the Edge that I have.

00 Ram 2500 4x4 5-spd, Balanced & blueprinted, O-ringed & studded CR Head W/head work, Billet Hamilton HD Big Stick Cam pushrods & Valve springs, Coated pistons & barings, all ARP studs & bolts, S&B CAI & AF1 Intake horn, Equal tube length header, 5" Turbo back Exhaust, Edge Juce W/Attitude (HOT), 120 HP EDM'd Injectors, Custom Garrett GT3788R BB Turbo, FASS 150/150, ValAir DD W/3600Lb PP, FluidAmper, Amsoil Bypass, 7" lift, HID's, Cowl Hood, 38.50x14.50x17,

Singles Club Member #244 Riding HIGH Club Member #43
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 AM

I am running the comp box with some bigger injectors, I think about 60 hp injectors is what I was told. And my pump has been holding up fine for over a year now. And the comp and injectors make it fun. I didn't tap my wire for a while, but it was cause of clutch issues.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 12:32 AM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite View Post
I posted earlier about a comp. But after some thinking I have some questions. I want more power but. I have issues w/ tapping the pump wire on the VP w/ the comp. Are there any longevity issues, wear issues, etc that anyone knows about. If I don't have to replace a VP I would be very happy. With that said, would I be better suited to do injectors or a bigger box? If injectors, what size and brand. I'm looking for mileage, but ultimately for mileage. So, and researching
I'm running a Edge Comp with gauges and leave it set on 5x5 for daily driving and pull 23.7 MPG for a high mark but typically pull about 21-22 MPG on the highway...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode