garret powermax 82mm turbo - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by IDImonsterstack, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 2720 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

garret powermax 82mm turbo

i found these turbos on midwestinjection.com its a garret turbo with 82mm compressor wheel all the way up too 88mm compressor wheel anyone head of these turbos. there water and oil cooled comes with a complete conversion kit. thinkin if trying it out just seeing if anyone has used one.

2001 CC LB 2500 48RE with TQlockup CAI, 5"TBE,Quadzilla Adrenaline with V2,and BD pulse XXX 100hp stix, phatshaft 66mm .leveled on 305/70/16's
under the knife for rebuild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDImonsterstack View Post
i found these turbos on midwestinjection.com its a garret turbo with 82mm compressor wheel all the way up too 88mm compressor wheel anyone head of these turbos. there water and oil cooled comes with a complete conversion kit. thinkin if trying it out just seeing if anyone has used one.

thats the stage 1 turbo, it replaces the stock one with better air flow and spools fast. All I know is I love my stage 2 garrett for my cummins and I run at the moment with it is the smarty. 90hp injectors and Blue chip FMS coming soon. BB oil and water cooled, great towing turbo and fun on the weekends. spools very nice too, and boy does she sing. If you are planing on towing and having fun with it the stage 2 will be good for you but as long as you have a chip like a smarty or edge. The stage 3 is strictly just for performance which is why i didn't go with it because its not a good daily driver turbo, and too much lag for towing. With a chip and stock injectors if thats all your going to run then I would highly recomend the stage 2. I love it and my truck loves it too, motor can breathe now.

Last edited by cumminsdude2001; 02-26-2010 at 03:08 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yeah i was looking at getting one im running the juice im gonna get the hot unlock and and some like 75hp or 100hp sticks.do you have specs on it besides the comp. wheel.? so it sings pretty loud huh. you happen to have a sound clip of it? ill probley go with a stage 2 myself. on occasion i tow a 6 horse trailer with living space 40ft. loaded is 26k

2001 CC LB 2500 48RE with TQlockup CAI, 5"TBE,Quadzilla Adrenaline with V2,and BD pulse XXX 100hp stix, phatshaft 66mm .leveled on 305/70/16's
under the knife for rebuild
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDImonsterstack View Post
yeah i was looking at getting one im running the juice im gonna get the hot unlock and and some like 75hp or 100hp sticks.do you have specs on it besides the comp. wheel.? so it sings pretty loud huh. you happen to have a sound clip of it? ill probley go with a stage 2 myself. on occasion i tow a 6 horse trailer with living space 40ft. loaded is 26k
No vidoe clip sorry. I will say that if you want it to sound like a big rig pete, go with the stage 2. When I was shopping for a turbo I wanted the truck to sound like a big rig and at the same time add more air. CAT diesels in the petes and KW's have garrett turbos on them from the factory, so I knew the garrett turbo would sing real nice and add quite a bit of air. It only comes one way from the factory at garrett. As you know the compressor wheel is 82mm exducer but its a 63mm inducer with a 56 trim. Turbine wheel was I want to say 72.5mm with a 78 trim and a .89 A/R wastgated turbine housing. MAX recomended boost is no more than 40psi, after that you start going out of the compressor map and she starts to pump warm air in. 40 psi is where she peaks for efficientcy. But you don't need all sort of crazy boos to make good power, its the amout of air that gets to the engine. With stock injectors and the smarty all the way up, it never went over 27psi. I would not go over 75 HP injectors as you can control your fuel with a chip. 75HP injectors are plenty of flow if your doing what you say your doing. I want no more than 75HP injectors because when I add the bluechip FMS wizard, its going to ad another 180hp on top of that and the smarty so I know with all those It will be easy to reach 40PSI. I would have went with the stage 3, but I wanted to be able to drive the truck and not have it so laggy down the bottom end. With what I have right now the turbo starts building boost around 1500 rpms wich is good because that where the peak torque is on the cummins, down low around 1400 -1600 rpms. If you spec your truck right you will be happy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode