random wires? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cumminsracer2010, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 799 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

random wires?

so i replaced my injection pump and removed the battery box ( main battery left side ) theres a black wire that looks like its been off for a while, not sure where it goes cause its broke off, but goes down to what looks like two solenoids right up against the fender well . anybody got any idea what this is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsracer2010 View Post
so i replaced my injection pump and removed the battery box ( main battery left side ) theres a black wire that looks like its been off for a while, not sure where it goes cause its broke off, but goes down to what looks like two solenoids right up against the fender well . anybody got any idea what this is?

Those are the wires for the grid heaters. follow the wire and find out where it goes. being black i would assume it is a ground, but look at this.

Your Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Truck RAM 2500 Truck 4WD L6-5.9L DSL Turbo VIN 6

Vehicle Powertrain Management Relays and Modules - Powertrain Management Relays and Modules - Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Intake Air Heater Relay Description and Operation Notes

Description and Operation

The 2 intake manifold air heater relays are located in the engine compartment, attached to the left inner fender below the left battery (Fig. 29).

The Engine Control Module (ECM) operates the 2 heating elements through the 2 intake manifold air heater relays.

Refer to Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures for an electrical operation and complete description of the intake heaters, including pre-heat and post-heat cycles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode