F.A.S.S. system?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Noble, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1380 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Question F.A.S.S. system??

Is anyone running the FASS system from diesel performance products. Does anyone have any alternatives? Please tell me what you guys think of this product
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 02:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to steved
I have a FASS on my 04.5...it was one of the best mods I have done to date...if you search on these, you will find a considerable amount of issues with brushes on the older units, however, the motor was recently redesigned and mine has worked flawlessly...they are a complete kit...

You also have the AirDog which is similar to the FASS, but more expensive...it is a smaller unit than the FASS...

Then the belt drive mechanicals...the RASP and Mitusa, which run off of a small belt driven by a pully off the crank...I believe both still use the OEM lift pump for priming and startup.

Those are about it...for the 3rd gens anyhow...

steved

SOLD - 2004.5 2500 Ram, 600CTD, NV5600, 4.10s, FASS'd, Dynatrac Free-Spin Kit, Gulf Coast 0-1 bypass, Intake and Exhaust.

New - 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L, 6spd auto, 4wd, 3.73s..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Noble,

They are the innovators in this product, best out from everyone we have sold all the customer comments are 100% positive etc. If you need one call us we are one of their distributors etc.

Mark @ DPPI
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

what mods do you do that require a F.A.S.S.? from my understanding it gives you more fuel volume and presssure as well as a better filtration system. so would a fass be required after stacking say a juice/ez or is it bigger mods like injectors?

06 LBZ CCSB, EFILive DSP5 tuned by IdahoRob, 68mm Fleece Cheetah Turbo,PPE stg 5 trans, Precision ML converter,PPE deep pan,PPE ported fuel rail,PPE fuel shim,tripple pillar w/ ultralite II's,6" cognito NTBD,Cognito UCA's,Cognito supports,ADP PCV Re-route,3'' MBRP downpipe,Billet resonator plug,MBRP stainless 5'' Straight Pipe, 6''MBRP black tip,Banks Tecnicooler,AEM Brute Force polished intake,EGR blocked, ReadyLift keys,PPE tie rod sleeves,AFE 3'' Intercooler tube,18x9 XD HOSS on 35'' toyo m/t,6000K HIDs,Kenwood touchscreen,Treo 600.1, 2-10" ID subs, 100 gal bed tank w/ transfer pump,superhoopII steps,Line X'd, Recon LED 3rd brake,smoked front corners, ranch hand bumpers front and rear,debadged,bushwackers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 PM

OK, I'm completely stock for the most part...

I got it for non-performance reasons:

It removes air entrained in the fuel system...

It replaces a problematic lift pump, saves going to the <junk> intank pump...

It filters down to 3 micron...the factory was only good to 10, but now they have a 7 micron filter...

And it feeds the CP3 a good volume of fuel, bypassing all the restrictive factory plumbing...

The only down sides are the fact you lose the electric fuel heater and your "water in fuel" light...but I can live with that due to the benefits the FASS has.

I have seen increased mileage from the installation, as well as the fact the truck pulls hard clear to redline in 6th...I think it was running out of fuel before. I have also drained sand from the prefilter that the OEM pump would have needed to grind up in order to pass...

I have not had any issues with cold temps down to -20*F and by running an additive, I have only ever gotten a tiny bit of water out of it....

I like my FASS...

steved

SOLD - 2004.5 2500 Ram, 600CTD, NV5600, 4.10s, FASS'd, Dynatrac Free-Spin Kit, Gulf Coast 0-1 bypass, Intake and Exhaust.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM

I've never had any experience with this system but I have heard a lot of good things on it. :Thumbup:

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 AM

I thought the persons with the 3rd gen's were alright.
It was the 2nd Gen 24v's that needed the FASS.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phily 911
I thought the persons with the 3rd gen's were alright.
It was the 2nd Gen 24v's that needed the FASS.

Alright as in the dying lift pump won't kill the CP3???

It can and will kill the CP3 if let run at low pressure/low volume long enough...and if the LP dies completely, you dead in the water, as unlike the 2nd gen trucks where the VP44 can pull fuel past the dead LP, the 3rd gen pump is a gear pump that the CP3 can't pull fuel past...you will sputter and stop within a mile or so of the fuel bowl mounted LP going bad...

I don't know about the later in-tank pumps...whether they will allow fuel past or not...I would guess so since they are centrifugal...

steved

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:33 PM

how long do you think it would take running off the lp with twins powerpup and other things to kill the cp3
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:51 PM

The Fass works great,but the ones I have put on,and friends i have running them have had the same issues we have with the stocker over time,the electric motor or brushes eventualyl wear out.If you are ok with having the deal with a problem possibly in as short a time as 18-36 months,get the FASS,just dont be mad when the motor burns up just like the stock LP from Cummins.I chose the RASP system,if i had it to do over id get a MITUSA,Opies brackets,and finish is better,but its basically the same thing,a rotary mechaincal pump that will likely last the life of the vehicle,it costs more up front,frees up almost 10 amps of current from the system,and you have the stock system as backup the whole time,in case you lose a belt,you can get where you need to with ease to change it,at your convienence.One last thing with the RASP and MITUSA,pump volume and pressure rise with RPM.

2000 Dodge CTD 2500 4x4,Qcab SWB, 4.10 LSD,PDR cam,PDR twins,DonM 6,Edge Drag Comp,RASP fuel system,DTT trans,Blizzard 810,Sidewing plow,Trynex Vp8000,Sunnybrook 3310

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode