The Diesel Garage banner

Fun night at the track

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  imported_BillM2004 
#1 ·
I went 4-0 tonight at the local 1/8th track. First kill was a newer honda civic SI all riced out, i couldnt even see him through all the smoke! Next up was a early 2000 mustang GT...He got toasted and the crowd was cheering me on on the return so i let out a blast from the horns and they went wild. Third and fourth was a new navigator, the first run i screwded up my launch and ended up launching at like 2 psi and i ran him down by half track, the second time, i guess cuz of my bad launch he though he might be able to get me and made sure to line up with me again... i got a .603 reaction and at 18 PSI on the launch (it had to have been my best launch of the night) he never had a chance! The best part was after beating him the second time i saw his really hot girlfriend getting into his navigator and he wouldnt even look at me as he left the track!! HAHA! :poke:
:smoke

#3 ·
Sweet! Nice job!

#5 ·
cajuncummins said:
very nice, btw, how much horsepower does the diy cp3 handle?
So far its holding good pressure with all the goodies i have on right now. stock lift pump and all. I have a GDP waiting to go in, ive just been too lazy to do it, and i really dont have the need yet

#7 ·
i have heard on here and other forums, that you will need a pump for that set up, or at least to run its full potential.

#8 ·
Bill2004 what are you runnin in the 1/8

#9 ·
kc04 said:
Bill2004 what are you runnin in the 1/8
so far 8.67 was my best 1/8th run

#10 ·
Thats not bad i ran a 9.3 in a 6spd. But most of those ricers run mid to upper 9s. Love pickin on those mustangs. It blows there mind how a big truck will flat out whip there a**.

#11 ·
it really made my night to beat the mustang. he actually came up to me and asked me if i wanted to run, that made it that much better!

#12 ·
Yeah it does. Right down the street from my house on sundays they meet up in a parkin lot and have a lil pow wow. About two weeks ago me and my wife went to a store next door and were gettin diesel and a boy in a civic asked her if she wanted to run and she told him she would hurt his feelins and he laughed. But she ended up kickin his but bad and i sit back and watched him almost cry. I sure makes for a good laugh when they are tryin and tryin and still want to argue with you that you got a jump or what ever the reason.

#13 ·
Hahahaha my truck is slow by all means but I can still just imagine the peoples faces who want to go slow in front of me on the highway, and i get my turbo pushin some good boost, and pass them quick and then smoke em. Seriously i know for a fact around here people prob look at my truck as "big slow and smelly" though yeah. Off the line it is (due to bad trans), though at cruising speeds I have no problem jumping up 10-15 MPH almost instantly, or dumping smoke that makes them realize that I mean business... Only time can tell how things will turn out with this one for me.

#14 ·
im looking to up boost a little for this weekends diesel shoot out at the track, does anyone know exactly how to do that. i am sure i can figure it out if i take a look, but i thought i would ask anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.