The Duramax 6.6 Shootout - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NMU98, this thread has received 23 replies and been viewed 1907 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

The Duramax 6.6 Shootout

I am happy to anounce our Duramax Shootout that will take place at the Smokin in the Smokies Event. Just prior to the the kickof test and tune night, we will be on David Dunbars Dyno Testing a LB7 with a Suncoast V tranny, Big Head Wastegate, and stock turbo. We will have most boxes and tuners made for this engine, and we will post our unbiased results afterward.

We will be looking for big power, and drivability. This shoot out will be conducted in the same manor as the 6.0 shootout to get the most fair results as possible. A special Thanks to FordT for giving us a spot to have the event, and to David Dunbar for spending time with us on this project! Also, a big thanks to all the vendors for helping supply product for us to test!

Also, thanks to CAP for letting us use his truck, and for helping to gather the tunes and information needed to complete this. This will go down Friday, so if you have time, we will see ya there.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 05:02 PM
fordt

This is gonna be great
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:37 PM

Directions.....:shrug:
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU
I am happy to anounce our Duramax Shootout that will take place at the Smokin in the Smokies Event. Just prior to the the kickof test and tune night, we will be on David Dunbars Dyno Testing a LB7 with a Suncoast V tranny, Big Head Wastegate, and stock turbo. We will have most boxes and tuners made for this engine, and we will post our unbiased results afterward.

We will be looking for big power, and drivability. This shoot out will be conducted in the same manor as the 6.0 shootout to get the most fair results as possible. A special Thanks to FordT for giving us a spot to have the event, and to David Dunbar for spending time with us on this project! Also, a big thanks to all the vendors for helping supply product for us to test!

Also, thanks to CAP for letting us use his truck, and for helping to gather the tunes and information needed to complete this. This will go down Friday, so if you have time, we will see ya there.

Brian
In the world of custom tuning are you sure you want a lowly ol canned box to test? Its not custom and its not expensive, isn't that against the rules?:

Hope it is a good event.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Right now the event will be quite large. I have money on it that we will keep the dyno busy all day and into the night. After reading some of my original post, I think it is worded wrong. We will be dynoing a edge juice with attitude. On the normal setting and on hot. Quads box will get hit on 3 levels, 135, 165, and 215... Custom tunes and big numbers... We wanna see em, but they are not for everyone, and we want to show everyone what they can buy, and what to expect. This is not about High HP, although some will use it for that. We are creating it for the end user who is not sure what to buy... I bet we might even stack the edge and quad stuff.. Who knows.. Its about dynos, smoke, fun, and information.

I have to thank David Dunbar again for letting us sit on the dyno a day ahead of the event to get this done.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 07:13 PM

I was just givin you some CHIT!!!! I know it is all fair and that David runs a very good dyno operation. Just thought I would poke at you for some reason because I was stuck at work and you weren't!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 PM

Quad, wann'a show up...in person?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 09:00 PM

I think you should call it a SOOT-OUT

Damn that sounds like fun.

If someone has an EFILive, they can lock it 4th, and datalog the pulls.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quad, wann'a show up...in person?

If I could make it I would go I think. How much time does each tuner get to "custom" tune a truck?

I am in Kansas that weekend and in Fayeteville AR the next weekend. The weekend before is Easter and I have 2 trips planned to Cali. somewhere in that mix. What a pain in the butt. If I can change the KS trip I might be able to make it??
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode