Tuner Wars: The Extreme Strikes Back - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by duratothemax, this thread has received 217 replies and been viewed 14425 times.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 125
Points: 16,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tuner Wars: The Extreme Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU
I bet GM would like to get inside that motor and have a look at it! Could be design, could be QC...
could be just the fact that the truck is driven over 900 miles a day


Broker whats Moonshine??
duratothemax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,318
Points: 56,976
Thanks: 2
Thanked 18 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX
could be just the fact that the truck is driven over 900 miles a day


Broker whats Moonshine??
That truck should be able to run non stop for over 124K.... The fact is its a new variant, and GM should have a peek, no matter what the reason is it broke..
NMU98 is offline  
post #3 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Haulin' Azz
 
BROKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NH & NB
Posts: 3,111
Points: 51,398
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX
could be just the fact that the truck is driven over 900 miles a day


Broker whats Moonshine??
At 18 , your not of legal age to know .
BROKER is offline  
post #4 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,655
Points: 41,925
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dura, is 900 an abitrary number or are you serious? 900 miles a day just doesn't happen too often.

That sure is a lot of miles. You really think "he" drives 900 miles a day? :shrug:
Rich is offline  
post #5 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 125
Points: 16,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Dura, is 900 an abitrary number or are you serious? 900 miles a day just doesn't happen too often.

That sure is a lot of miles. You really think "he" drives 900 miles a day? :shrug:

Think about it.

The LBZ came out in October/November. Hardly anyone got any LBZ's until like December or so. So Tom must have ordered his LBZ back in like August, and gotten it sometime in October/November. Do the math. To get 124k miles, the truck would have to have driven 7 days a week, 800-900 miles a day to obtain that many miles between October/November and now.

Im just calling Broker out. Seriously. To date has he posted ANY odometer pics? Im taking bets on teh fact that we will never see thes blown up LBZ pics. And not just pics of the bottom end with a hole in it. I want pics of the top of the motor too to prove its an LBZ. And yes, I can tell the difference.

I know damn well what Moonshine is and I think its a really cheap shot at Tony who has dedicated hundreds of hours of his time into bettering the Dmax tuning world and doing great things for us. Any guy who comes along and dethrones TTS after 3 years of them being king is certainly respectable in my oppinion.
duratothemax is offline  
post #6 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Haulin' Azz
 
BROKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NH & NB
Posts: 3,111
Points: 51,398
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX
Think about it.

The LBZ came out in October/November. Hardly anyone got any LBZ's until like December or so. So Tom must have ordered his LBZ back in like August, and gotten it sometime in October/November. Do the math. To get 124k miles, the truck would have to have driven 7 days a week, 800-900 miles a day to obtain that many miles between October/November and now.

Im just calling Broker out. Seriously. To date has he posted ANY odometer pics? Im taking bets on teh fact that we will never see thes blown up LBZ pics. And not just pics of the bottom end with a hole in it. I want pics of the top of the motor too to prove its an LBZ. And yes, I can tell the difference.

I know damn well what Moonshine is and I think its a really cheap shot at Tony who has dedicated hundreds of hours of his time into bettering the Dmax tuning world and doing great things for us. Any guy who comes along and dethrones TTS after 3 years of them being king is certainly respectable in my oppinion.
1 Truck was in service Oct 4 2005. Do the math.

2 If you feel I'm taking a cheap shot at Tony , Ben you are wrong ,just ribbing him. I like Tony just not his choice of friends.But since you are a 18 year old Mod over there and is over here whining , I'll be the better man and remove it. As you probably know , I cant defend myself overthere.

3.Kid you have no history here or anywhere for that mather. But since you know more about myself than I do, I just find it interessting. But since you are part of the CT posse I'll chaulk it up for a young guy being led around by his hand.
BROKER is offline  
post #7 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 200
Points: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX
I know damn well what Moonshine is and I think its a really cheap shot at Tony who has dedicated hundreds of hours of his time into bettering the Dmax tuning world and doing great things for us. Any guy who comes along and dethrones TTS after 3 years of them being king is certainly respectable in my oppinion.

Ben

You were at the dyno the day Tony was testing, right? How many tunes did he try before he got one to make a few more Hp than we did with a two year old tune? He told me it was 23 different one's just that day! When you look at the results he still lost on the peak torque numbers and as I recall we still handed him his *** on another Duramax truck the same day with the same two year old program. That a long ways from being dethroned. Tony has worked hard to get to where he is at but let's not forget he own's an Xtreme tune for his truck and has been able to data log everything it does in his truck for as long as he has been working on his tune, call it a cheatsheet if you will. Let's see how well he does with an LBZ where there is nothing for him to look at.

Broker

Pictures would be nice, but it sounds like I hit the nail on the head before. I think GM would like to see it's internals so you may be able to get a motor from them cheaper than you think. If they will not step up do not let them take it apart at a dealer until after you reach a settlement.
Diesel Tech is offline  
post #8 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,939
Points: 47,775
Thanks: 27
Thanked 60 Times in 44 Posts
The Extreme Strikes Back

Since the "LBZ Broke at 124,000" thread went way off topic, I thought it best to move the off-topic posts to their own thread, because I for one figure they have a lot of importance in their own right.

I just ask that we try to keep the personal insults to a minimum.

Ben, sorry the forum software gave you the "credit" for the thread. I didn't mean for that to happen.
TheBac is offline  
post #9 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Haulin' Azz
 
BROKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NH & NB
Posts: 3,111
Points: 51,398
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Tech
Broker

Pictures would be nice, but it sounds like I hit the nail on the head before. I think GM would like to see it's internals so you may be able to get a motor from them cheaper than you think. If they will not step up do not let them take it apart at a dealer until after you reach a settlement.
Thanks for your suggestions.

We have posession of the truck in our yard, we brought it to the dealer for a view , and for them to give info for the regional Mgr. Truck never left the trailer. I had 2 short discussions with GM , They will be back to me tomorrow .

I do have 2 back up plans emerging just incase. Trucks are extremly busy this time of year. We already located a new replacement truck incase we cant get this done in a timely fashion.
BROKER is offline  
post #10 of 218 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,655
Points: 41,925
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ben, ......oh man would I trade with ya @ 18! Tony is a good person. I do not have close ties but speaking to him on the phone and his reactions here and there...yeah, he's a good guy. Tony has not busted DT score as of yet. It can be done but he hasn't done it yet. DT is further up the chain than you relize.........:
Rich is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome