The wait is over, FlashScan V2 is now here!
To read our full announcement and for ordering details visit
EFILive is proud to announce the public release of FlashScan V2 and EFILive V7.3.3. FlashScan V2 delivers unrivalled features that set a new benchmark in the GM performance-tuning world. Features include:
- Handheld and/or pass-through FlashScan V2 Interface.
- Field Upgradeable Firmware.
- FlashScan V1 to V2 License transfer option.
- GM Gen-III and groundbreaking Gen-IV tuning support.
- Additional support and features for existing platforms.
- New licensing options support single VIN licensing and cost effective, unlimited stream licensing, on a single FlashScan V2 interface.
FlashScan V2 can be ordered via EFILive’s online store.
Shipping will commence on November 10, 2006.
Discounted upgrade pricing ($100 off the RRP upgrade price) will apply on all upgrade orders placed before November 20, 2006.
This second generation hardware from EFILive creates the platform to deliver the first multi functional, PC based and standalone data logger and ECM reprogramming system for GM high performance engines. FlashScan V2 combines EFILive’s powerful PC based scanning and tuning tools with the simplicity of a handheld programmer. It has been designed to support many late model, OBDII gas and diesel GM engines including LS2 and LBZ.
Field Upgradeable Firmware
- Hardware Features of FlashScan V2 include:
- Infineon XC161 40MHz CPU
- 512K on board RAM
- Capacity for Secure Digital (SD) memory card up to 2Gb.
- 16 key polycarbonate keypad
- 5 status LED’s
- High Speed USB 2.0
- RS232 digital interface
- 4 x 5v analog inputs
- 2 x 12V digital input switches
- Communications protocols: OBDI/ALDL; OBDII/VPW, OBDII/CAN; GM-LAN
- Ergonomic shape for easy operation in one hand
Field upgradeable firmware allows EFILive to develop and deliver outstanding features to users without the need to return your FlashScan V2 interface for upgrade or replace it to gain feature enhancements. This functionality makes futuristic features possible and extends the life of your hardware investment. Future firmware updates will provide users with features including:
V1-V2 License Transfer
- Standalone black box logging to FlashScan V2 internal memory and SD memory card
- Standalone reading and flashing of ECMs
- Standalone scanning/logging of data to LCD screen
- Storage of tunes to SD memory card
- Audible alarms when PIDs go out of user defined ranges
- High Speed USB 2.0
- Power off button and/or timer based sleep mode
- 4 x 5v analog inputs
- LCD backlight brightness control
- Data logging from external serial input. i.e. Supported Dyno software, WBO2
Driven by excellence in Customer Service delivery, the FlashScan V1-V2 License Transfer Scheme allows the user to move allocated licenses from FlashScan V1 to FlashScan V2 without having to return interface to EFILive or an EFILive reseller. Upgrade interfaces will be shipped in “Upgrade Mode”, requiring PC and V1 to V2 connection and license transfer before the Scan and Tune tool can be activated within the FlashScan V2 interface. Customers and Workshops will be provided with a seamless and cost effective method to upgrade – downtime and unnecessary shipping costs have been eliminated through this process.
FlashScan V1 Workshop customers upgrading to FlashScan V2 will initialize their FlashScan V2 interface to allow limited license tuning while returning their FlashScan V1 interface to EFILive. Once FlashScan V1 is received by EFILive, stream activation codes will be sent to the Customer. EFILive will reset FlashScan V1 to a Scan only interface and return it to the Customer.
VIN Licensing and Stream Pricing
FlashScan V2 functionality provides the platform to deliver vehicle based licensing. Tuning an ECM and TCM in the one vehicle can now be completed on a single VIN license. VIN licensing costs will be dramatically reduced because of this option.
NOTE: This feature is only available in FlashScan V2. Individual modules will continue to require individual PCM licenses in FlashScan V1.
During the FlashScan V1-V2 License transfer, functionality exists for users to link one ECM and one TCM to a single VIN License in FlashScan V2. Matching licenses in this manner will free up a single VIN license for each matched ECM/TCM combination.
FlashScan V2’s increased capacity allows for 221 VIN licenses and up to 120 streams to be allocated to each unit, delivering more than 10 times the capacity of FlashScan V1.
Workshop pricing changes have been implemented to co-inside with the release of FlashScan V2. Stream pricing has been designed to allow workshops to purchase supported modules that suit their application. The flexibility of this structure allows mixing of streams and VIN licenses on one FlashScan V2 interface, delivering tuners the best of both options.
Feedback and requests from current workshops has driven the need to create cost effective tuning solutions. Some tuning shops want the ability to tune both ECM's and TCM's while others just prefer ECM's and some only TCM's for their specific application. Stream pricing that separates ECM tuning from TCM tuning ensures you only pay for the features you need.
For information on streams and pricing click here.
Gen IV Vehicle SupportGen IV Vehicle Support
FlashScan V2 delivers the much-anticipated communications protocol for Gen IV platform support. The first release of EFILive’s Gen-IV support delivers the most comprehensive list of tuning features ever offered for GM’s high performance engines.
Features Available On Day One Include:
6.0L V8 Engines
- 600+ engine calibrations
- ECM recovery from failed programming event
- Secure ECM locking
- Software fixes and patches to fix the following Gen-IV issues:
- MAF Fault
- TCS Fault
- VAT problems
Scheduled Enhancements (not included in the initial V2 release)
- 05-06 Chevrolet Corvette
- 05-06 Chevrolet SSR
- 05-06 Pontiac GTO
- 06 Cadillac CTS-V
- 05-06 HSV range of vehicles
- 06 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS
- 5.3L V8 Engines
- 06 Chevrolet Impala SS/Monte Carlo
- 05-06 Pontiac Grand Prix GPX
- 05-06 Chevrolet Trailblazer05-06 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- 05-06 GMC Envoy
- 05-06 Buick Rainer
- 05-06 Saab 9-7X
- 05-06 Isuzu Ascender
- 2 Bar Custom Operating Systems for E40 applications are currently in Beta test. It is
- expected that this functionality will be released within weeks of the initial release.
- Support for other Gen IV engines and transmissions, including LS7, E38, E67 and T43Support for other Gen IV engines and transmissions, including LS7, E38, E67 and T43
- are currently in development and will be available in future EFILive software releases.
- Other engines within the Gen IV family will be added over time.
- LBZ Scanning and Tuning:
- LBZ scanning support is scheduled as the first update to FlashScan V2.
- LBZ Tuning will follow shortly after.
- Standalone black box logging to SD memory card.
- Standalone reading and flashing of ECM’s.
- Standalone scanning/logging of data to LCD screen.
- Storage of tunes to SD memory card.
- Audible alarms when PIDs go out of user-defined ranges.
- Power off button and/or timer based sleep mode.
- Data input/output from/to the RS232 serial input. I.e. to support dyno controllers and
- WBO2 serial interfaces.
- ALDL protocol support for scanning and logging OBD-I based GM vehicles.
These enhancements will be made available free to all FlashScan V2 customers as they are released by EFILive.