Twins? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DavidTD, this thread has received 114 replies and been viewed 8077 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
DPM Mobile Dyno

Twins?

Not trying to start a war so I figured I ask here instead of the other place.

Stefan Kondolay announced last January they were on. No pics, no track data, no dyno data, nothing in 6 months. Can anyone tell me why?

David Dunbar
www.runNADM.com
www.DieselPerformanceMotorsports.com
2004.5 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 48re
1998 Dodge 2500 QC 4x4 12v 47re

Power by Garmon - to the ground by Sun Coast = 12's :Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Maybe he doesn't have a Camera????

Phil
[B]2003 GMC 2500HD
It's got a few things done to it....
with more to come.
post #3 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

There is reportedly 2 trucks for sure with them, possibly a third. Both of them have been lackluster in results so far and that may be because of ongoing tuning. I have not seen pics but some have seen the setup and say that its still a prototype looking install. I wish there was more info on it as this may well be a huge thing for us GM guys. I know ATS has played with twins a few years ago and went back to a larger single with good results...

Eric Merchant
www.Merchant-Automotive.com
Zeeland, MI
1-866-399-7169
ASE/GM Master Certified
AC Delco Independent Repair Center
Authorized Suncoast dealer/installer
State of Michigan Licensed Repair Facility
post #4 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:53 PM

It would be best to ask the guys that have or make them. Otherwise its just a bunch of guys saying this "thread is worthless without pics" and asking the same questions you are. Go to the horses mouth. Chad(sp33d) Juice or idahoCTD or the kondaly guys are the only ones that know anything first hand. JMO
post #5 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
DPM Mobile Dyno
Threadstarter

Thanks Eric. I guess from my standpoint I just don't understand.

Personally I don't think the Dmax fueling level is to the point where twins are needed with the development of turbo's what they are. But that is another topic all together.

But I just feel for the Dmax guys somewhat. A product is announced as installed, was talked up, was/is BIG $$$ and so far all I can see is that those are to spend it based on seat of the pants reports from a select few.

ATS announced a single, displayed it, tested it in public with dyno results and folks such as you, Tomac, No limit etc providing real world results. I'd buy that product. I wouldn't get near the other until I saw results.

David Dunbar
www.runNADM.com

post #6 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
DPM Mobile Dyno
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlover
It would be best to ask the guys that have or make them. Otherwise its just a bunch of guys saying this "thread is worthless without pics" and asking the same questions you are. Go to the horses mouth. Chad(sp33d) Juice or idahoCTD or the kondaly guys are the only ones that know anything first hand. JMO
Rat, I did ask Juice and I was told he would be on the strip as soon as they opened. It's July so I am sure the tracks are open but no reports. I looked today. Last I saw was a thread asking why they were not at IRP. Perfect opportunity to provide results, but none were posted. I started to ask there, but decided it might create less "problems" here.

And I am not bashing the twin setup. I'd just like to hear results. I don't even really care about the pictures. Just solid independant results.

David Dunbar
www.runNADM.com

post #7 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Send a message via AIM to BMDMAX
The horses mouth does not do a lick of good right now either. Whether we like it or not people tend to generalize how "great" their setup is because otherwise their decision to purchase said item won't be validated. You can disagree but it is basic human nature. Everything we hear is "man these things rock" or "my EGTs are nothing" with virtually unlimited horsepower capacity. That is all subjective.

Show me a good curve from a dyno off the twins or a great timeslip. If these three trucks are as good as they say then they should easily be able to prove it at the track.

I agree 100% with David, show us the results and the orders will come. I am not bashing their setup, I would love a set of twins. I just think it is BS to go all hype and only produce three trucks to date, with zero published data.

2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:[email protected] #2 Only [email protected] #2W/N20
LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ [email protected]

Read about Weekend on the Edge 2005

Truck Website

Chasing 11's Video

Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?
post #8 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 06:36 PM

Ok.....I guess I'm not understanding things then? Why ask the question if you already know the answer? To hear everyone else say what brandon said? For the record I agree 100% with what you have said and what brandon has said but the only reason your not going to get a "war" over here is becasue the guys that talk about how great it is(with nothing other than subjective comments) dont hang here they just hang at the other "place". I duno....I just dont see what the point of this thread is???
post #9 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
DPM Mobile Dyno
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlover
Ok.....I guess I'm not understanding things then? Why ask the question if you already know the answer? To hear everyone else say what brandon said? For the record I agree 100% with what you have said and what brandon has said but the only reason your not going to get a "war" over here is becasue the guys that talk about how great it is(with nothing other than subjective comments) dont hang here they just hang at the other "place". I duno....I just dont see what the point of this thread is???
The question was why results have not been posted. I don't know the answer to that nor has it been addressed here that I can see.

I can go ask them, i just didn't want to start something there if I could get an answer from someone here.

David Dunbar
www.runNADM.com

post #10 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 06:50 PM

Lots of plumbing involved to make them work...not something the average guy could fab up in his garage, that's for sure...
David..Your best bet would be to ask IdahoCTD about this..He fabbed the units up...My gut feeling is that he doesn't have everything built to his standards thus requested no pictures...I don't know that for a fact though...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode