any tips tricks on installing lift pump??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by smokin in vt, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 6707 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

any tips tricks on installing lift pump???

anythin g special putting one of these in?? do i need to fabricate any fuel lines or is there a good place to tie it into the existing fuel line thanxs for any info found one from napa that has same specs as one on a website but napas is only 70 bucks versus 285 any thoughts on that or am i just better offf getting one of the big buck setups
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
NHRDA Race Director

Just my 2 cents .. not knowing what all is in "Big Bucks" setup ..... Until you fab up your lines, buy your connectors, make you wiring harness, time to figure it all out ...... Fuel to run around and buy these things ....... you will be close to $200.00 - $250 ...... and the extra is worth just having it shipped to the door ..... but thats just me ... I am LAZY
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

ve seen those fuel air sep systems for around 685 im assuming it would come with all the fittings etc and just a pump for 285 seems a little much seeing how i just paid 40 bucks for basically a plug for the release valve(race valve they call it rofl) me thinks theres quite a markup for some of these things im not even sure the fittings came with that 285 dollar setup going to investigate a little further i dont have money growing out of my butt and i hate wasting it on overpriced gadgets when something plain and simple will do plus im used to working on broken down earthmoving equip so a little fabricating doesnt scare me too bad smoke on!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Mafia member #105

Send a message via AIM to ripmf666 Send a message via Yahoo to ripmf666
Dont have money growing out your butt better stop working on it now lol jk, I run the 1792 from ppe with the intank pickup and #10 line works great.

Devil Girl 2006 2500HD LBZ Ex-Cab 4x4

EFI Live tuned by IdahoRob,MPI twins installed by BigDipper,PPE lift pump, BigDipper 30% injectors, BigDipper Trans Precion ML converter.PPE Twin Cp3's.

Alot Of thanks To Kat & Pat at duramax diesels, Joe & Dan at PPE,George aka BigDipper
RIP LBZ 6/1/[email protected]:44pm she was strong

She's Alive again

Born on July 27, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

http://www.dieselbuilder.com/Media/P...adoBuild_2.pdf
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 PM
BUG JUICER and

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin in vt
i just paid 40 bucks for basically a plug for the release valve(race valve they call it rofl) !
the shim mod is free, and still offers rail protection. What you did was remove all rail protection with a solid plug that offers no pressure protection, an important safety feature.

Post pics of your lift pump install, or at least a DIY components list. Hope it solves your goals.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i was a little dissapointed with the so called (race valve) if i had known when i bought it that it was just a plug i prob would have done the mod this was the ppe version in case anyone is wondering i thought i was buying a valve with higher relief pressure not a plug hope this help anyone else to clarify the issue has anyonr else installed a (race valve) that is actually a valve??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:46 PM
T.D.G. Mafia Member #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin in vt
found one from napa that has same specs as one on a website but napas is only 70 bucks versus 285 any thoughts on that or am i just better offf getting one of the big buck setups
You had better double check on that NAPA pump cause I bought the same one and it works but I have no fuel mods on my truck and yes I know it is no D-MAX but it is a comman rail. The pump I believe you are refering to is a diaphram pump and not a vane pump like what you are obsoleeting. You can get a Holley black which is a vane pump, shipped to your door with regulators and barbs for right at 100bucks. :Thumbup:

06 Mega Cab 3500 CTD 4X4 Auto SRW
http://www.hoosiertruckclub.com/phpBB3/index.php
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode