Need help on a new project - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by badblackhemi, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1041 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Need help on a new project

hey guys, i'm new here, new to chevy, and would like to be new to the diesel. haha. i'm getting a new single cab short bed 1500 silverado. i saw a dodge 1500 with a diesel but couldnt get ahold of him to buy it, so, if it's possible, i'd like to do it in a chevy. now i'm completely new to all this, i've used the search a couple times, but with school, dont have much time to search. if you have spare time could you help me make a mod list. i had a mod list for the dodge diesel and i'm guessing it'll be kind of the same but just for the duramax. ok...and this is for a pretty high hp build
if you could chose, which engine (block) would you go with (if it makes a diff. on the year model)
what kind of internals would you go with, can any of the stock internals handle 900+rwhp on a pretty daily basis?
which brand turbo(s) if you you think twins is neccessary.
what stack of programmer's would you go with. (isnt TST good?? what else would you stack with it)
then i'm guessing the fuel system (is it the cp3's??)
which built diesel transmission would you go with
oh yea, injectors too. which ones hp wise
and if you'd like what kind of intake/exhaust would you go with
also, what else performance wise would i need.

sorry for all the questions, i'd just like to start getting familiar with what i need. aslo, any imput towards the build would be greatly appreciated. good or bad comments, all are welcome. do you think that it's possible and practical to put this in a 1500? or would it be too much on the half ton frame. what would need to be beefed up? the front suspension from the added weight of the motor? thanks alot
-Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
TDG Junior Mafia #61

For turbos, for a race build, I would suggest a Garrett GT4202R, or Maximized Performance Twins, and for electronics, stacking is a thing of the past, go with EFI Live or PPE. For internals, I would talk to Guy at SoCal Diesel, and he can set you up. Go with Dual CP3s, and for injectors, I would suggest maybe Don M, F1 Diesel. For transmission, maybe Suncoast full built. And intake and exhaust, any 4" straight pipe would be fine, and any intake.

2001 Chevy SB/CC Duramax LB7

Garrett GT4088R from PPE, PPE Duel fuelers, PPE Tuning, PPE stage 4 transmission w/suncoast 1056 converter, PPE Lift pump, Fabtech tie rods, Black Eagle alloys.
Engine is apart and in the garage
Goal is to have it done by the end of this summer.
TDG Mafia
The Diesel Garage

"Can you keep up??
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 AM

u could use crowler rods and a cam duel cp3 i have some good places to get parts at pretty good prices just let me know
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Nasty Girl

Send a message via MSN to Nasty Girl
You have mail! :

2003/2500HD CREW CAB SILVERADO
Maximized Performance Big Bad Twins, Dual CP3's and 5" dual exhaust with 5"downpipe.
1036 RWHP Dunbar Dyno Approved!
Worlds Most Powerful Duramax
Maximized Performance SoCal Diesel Stuff Ridge Runner Diesel Performance Inglewood Transmission Service DPR
Nasty Shine....1000 proof!
Member #1 of the 1000 RWHP Duramax club on #2 only!
TDG TOTM Winner for March/07 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/mar07.htm

Smoked Goat It's Whats For Dinner!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 05:11 AM

If you would like over 800 RWHP and 1600'LBS of Torque Email me for a good formula :
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode