Wheel and tire ???'s - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by diesel dan, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 891 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Destroked

Wheel and tire ???'s

Im looking at putting my wheels and tires off my OBS on a Chevy/GMC, I know they will bolt up. But, my question is, with a Cognito leveling kit is this possible without much rubbing? I really dont wanna hack my bumper and fender wells up to get them too fit. The wheels are Weld Super Single II's 16.5x9.75 with a 4.5" B.S. Tires are 33x12.50 16.5. How do able is this? I love these wheels, even though I wish they were 17" cause of tire availability on 16.5's. I think a carbon metallic CC would look sweet with these.....OOPS, said too much.....:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:35 AM

You should be ok with the leveling kit. You may still have to tie the parking brake cable back (a hose clamp works very well) and also maybe massage the wheel well liners (a heat gun helps with that). If you have to trim the airdam, then start small and keep testing for rub.

The big issue is backspacing and offset. Stock wheels are 16x6.5 with 4.75" backspacing and 28 offset. Your wheels will mount a bit farther outboard.
If I have my info right, I think offset is the distance of the mounting surface from the wheel centerline?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Destroked
Threadstarter

Thanks Tom....I guess I will find out tommorow.......:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode