Here are the official details of the 2013 APG Toys for Tots meet. This event is open to ANY diesel owner that wants to show up and contribute a toy(s). Even though this is being put on by the Arizona Powerstroke Group, we are all "Diesel Fans" and we welcome local GM and Dodge Diesel owners to come out and participate with us for a great cause!
APG 2013 Toys for Tots Event Details:
- Event Date / Time: SATURDAY, December 14th, 2013 / 10am-2pm
- PERA Club (Large Ramada) - 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe, AZ <-- Click Link for Map
- ENTRY COST: At Least (1) NEW / UNWRAPPED Toy (goes to Toys for Tots)
- Food: BYO - Jomax (David) and his brother will have a grille running if you want to bring some meat to cook - We are not making this a "bring a dish to share" type event as we just don't know what the turnout will be, or when anyone will show up or leave. At the same time, if you enjoy making something and want to bring some to share, I'm not going to tell you not to.
- Strictly Diesel will supply bottled water, any other drinks are BYO.
- Since this event is for Charity and about Children, we would prefer that beverages be kept "kid friendly".
In a nutshell, we just want to hang out with other diesel owners/friends and collect toys for a good cause. The park has room for kids to run. I'm still waiting to hear about whether Dogs are allowed, will make sure to post about it here when I find out.
For now, put the event on your calendar, get out and get a toy(s) and plan to see us on December 14th.
SPREAD THE WORD! I will be posting about this on all of the forums I can, but more talk by more people will bring more participation! It's all about the kids and toys!!!
Anyone that can't participate on the day of the event is more than welcome to come by our shop and place a donation under our Christmas Tree, or drop it by Jodys shop (The Pudgy Pup) in Mesa. We will make sure that ALL of the donated toys get to TFT. Also, Nate and I always go on a toy buying spree before the event. You are welcome to bring us a cash donation, we will just add it to our budget and buy more toys when we go.
Let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you there!