On Sat Oct 24th, we are having a Smoke On The Mountain Run.
All Diesel Truck Makes and Models are encouraed to show.
We have guys from ID, WA and OR going. Expected to be a big turnout. We also have the NWBombers.com Dodge group going.
With this event, we are also doing a food drove for the Toldeo, WA food bank. We have guys meeting up in convoy's along I-5 to head in. CB Ch 10
1. Meet at Exit 68 and I-5. Spiffy's Restaurant. If you wish to eat breakfast, get there about 8:30
The SOTM Run starts:
2. Leave Spiffy's about 9:15 or so. If you decided to skip the breakfast meet and greet, you should be showing up now.
3. Head east on Highway 12 to Mary's Corner. Make the right turn onto Jackson Highway and follow it into the town of Toledo.
4. Continue thru Toledo on Highway 505 until it comes to highway 504 - Spirit Lake Highway. Turn Left.
5. Continue on 504 into Kid Valley. Pull into the Parking lot of the giant Sasquatch
statue. Get out, take pics, stretch legs.
6. Continue on 504 to the Bridge Viewpoint. Pull into viewpoint. Take pics, setup for the big "Bridge Photo" where everyone lines up on the bridge and we try to get pics/vids before we completely screw up traffic.
7. Continue to the end of the road. Johnstons Ridge Observatory. Line up the trucks in the back of the parking lot. Walk up to visitor center. Take pics. We get to the top at roughly noon.
The visitor center does charge to enter, and to walk on the scenic trails. Last year we had one of the younger park employees tell me that EVERYONE had to pay even if they didnt use the visitor center. Bob V is looking into that for this year.
Also, a couple of ppl brought some small gas BBQ's to make lunch with at the top. There was some minor eyebrow raising about that also, but let it fly. No Charcoal tho they said.
Once we reach the top, its kind of the end of the trip, and everyone leaves for home based on their own schedules. Some literally turn around at the top and head home. Others stay for a while, then catch an early dinner somewhere on I-5.