Smokin 2010 Saturday May 1st - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SeeYa, this thread has received 376 replies and been viewed 36050 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Exclamation Smokin 2010 Saturday May 1st

Smokin’ 2010 Saturday May 1st

Sled Pull and Dyno Day at Liberty Tractor Pull- White Plains, GA

Here is a page for Smokin' On Liberty's site. HERE

2010 Smokin' Rules

We will start the dyno early like we did last year. Come early to get ready. Dave and Mike take first there, first on the rollers. Sled pulls will commence around 2:00 pm. There will be an expedition tractor show by the Liberty Tractor Pull’s finest, along with the cutest little tractor pullers in Georgia to show off there pulling skills. Our traditional Bonfire GTG will be immediately following the announcements of our Sled Pull/ Dyno Winners at the sled pull track. The Bonfire GTG is strictly BYOBeverage choice. Please remember if you choose to consume alcohol, please drink responsibly. Don’t forget your camp chairs and tents.

I am in contact with hotels and campgrounds in the area of Greensboro, GA and Lake Oconee. I will post up hotel and camping information as soon as I have rates. There is also a limited source of camping at the track. Please contact Ryan Merritt for more info on camping at the sled track overnight.

We are expecting a larger number than last years turn out. We will have sizable payouts for the different pulling classes and as well as the different dyno classes. As always, this is a family event. Everyone is welcome to come and experience Smokin’ 2010.

On a side note- If you are a member of TDG or TPP and you would like to volunteer for tech in on the trucks, please contact me or Wayne. I need 2-3 people. Your help with Smokin’ 2010 will be very much appreciated. If you are a TGD or TPP vendor and you would like to set up a booth to offer your products at the event, please contact Wayne or Ryan.

Thanks Y’all! Hope to see you at Smokin’ 2010.

Directions from Ryan

Quote:
I have been going over directions on mapquest, yahoomaps, and our gps. Seems like every one gives you the wrong directions. I don't think they have been out in the rural area in awhile. We will have signs from all the major directions coming in.

-Coming in from Greensboro off of Hwy. 15 from athens direction-Turn right right on S. Walnut Street turns into veazey road and carry it on for about 8miles. A little after the veazey community(you will see an old store on the left) Turn right onto Liberty church Road. Continue on it for about 6 miles and keep straight the track will be on the right. Signs will be there on the way.

Coming off of I-20 Greensboro exit or staying at Jameson inn- Follow the directions till on veazey road and go about 4.5 miles. A little after the veazey community(you will see an old store on the left) Turn right onto Liberty church Road. Continue on it for about 6 miles and keep straight the track will be on the right. Don't go to Centenial Church road. It is out of the way. Signs will be there on the turns.

Coming from the Lodge or at the Lake Area. Turn right out of the lodge and go about 8 miles past Harbor Club(do not turn onto Hutchinson Grove Road it is a dirt road like GPS tells you too)Turn Right on WRIGHTSVILLE CHURCH RD - go 2 miles. Turn Right on WALKERS CHURCH RD go less than a mile. Turn Left on LESLIE MILL RD go about 2 miles it will dead end(be carefull on this road it is curvey. Turn Right on VEAZEY RD - go 1.5 miles. Turn Right on LIBERTY CHURCH RD - go 6 miles. Track will be on the left.

If you come off of HWY.16 from Sparta or Eatonton. (From Eatonton your GPS will tell you to turn onto Green Springs Road/Liberty Church Road this is a rough, rough dirt road don't go down this road unless you know about it.) Turn onto Centential Church Road/Veazey Road Left from Eatonton and Right from Sparta. Continue on Centential Church Road for 7miles(Don't turn onto Centential Dirt Road). Bear Left on LANIER RD for 3 miles.Turn Left on LIBERTY CHURCH RD - go 3miles. Track will be on right. Signs will be out at the major turns.

The GPS and maps on internet try to take you on Dirt Roads because it is much shorter distances to the Track. If you can make your GPS not take you down dirt Roads you should be ok. I just felt like i needed to try to get these directions explained a little better.

I forgot to do directions from Union Point, I-20 Siloam Exit way. (Where people from SC Prob come)
If coming off I-20 Dead in into Siloam. Make right and then an immediate left onto Church St. Make a right after less than 1/4 mile onto Siloam/Veazey Rd. Continue on Siloam/Veazey Rd. for about 5miles till it dead ends onto Veazey Rd. Take a left onto Veazey Rd. go 1.5 miles. Turn Right on LIBERTY CHURCH RD - go 6 miles. Track will be on the right

Diane

Last edited by fordt; 04-29-2010 at 11:39 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeeYa For this addition to TDG:
Bcarriveau (04-30-2010), DZL BULL (01-22-2010), ripmf666 (01-26-2010), ryanihw350 (01-05-2010), triton (01-07-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try to be there, I look forward to it and more info on it.
post #3 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
Threadstarter

Okay listen up guys...

Gate and hook fees are the same as last year.

Gate fee-$5 per person
Kids under 6 are free!
Hook fee-$15 each hook.

If you are a Diesel Garage Vendor or a member who wants to bring product to display there is NO Vendor FEE. Thank you Liberty for accomodating us again this year. Bring it and sell it!!!

We will have more details soon for Hotel event prices. We're looking at the Jameson Inn and the Lake Oconee Lodge for event pricing.
post #4 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
Smokiní 2010 Saturday May 1st

We are expecting a larger number than last years turn out. We will have sizable payouts for the different pulling classes and as well as the different dyno classes. As always, this is a family event. Everyone is welcome to come and experience Smokiní 2010.
Hello,
Im a long time pulling fan, recently moved to Georgia and was looking for some pulling action down here. When your talking larger number do you have any estimates or previous event numbers?

Also if anyone knows where there are any other events down around Atlanta area with in 2 hr. drive that would be great if you could list time.

I'm especially looking for the following classes,
Super Stock Diesel 4x4 Trucks
Super Modified 4x4 Trucks
650 CI or bigger 4x4 Naturally Aspirated Trucks
Mini Mod Tractors
Limited and Unlimated Modified Tractors

I'm also thinking about making the drive up to Chapel Hill, TN for the july event hosted by NTPA. I've been to Bowling Green, Ohio a few times for the national event and boy is it worth every penny 3 days 5 sessions usually 5 classes a session and approx 40-55 competitors in each session. by time its all said and done very close to if not exceeding 300-350 pulls a session. may even try to attend that one this year if i have the resources.

Thanks for anyone that can help.
Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to joshb06 For this addition to TDG:
SeeYa (01-22-2010)
post #5 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
1stGenpuller

Garage
I sent you a PM JoshB06. You should come check out Smokin, its a good time!

Street Pulling Project: 1992 Dodge W-350 SRW 4x4 South Bend DD 3600 Pulling Clutch, Superlift 6 in lift,Ladder Bars Engine: 1st Gen Cummins, II SPS 66 Turbo, BHAF, VE Pump Maxed, 2nd Gen Lift Pump,366 Gov spr, Custom Injectors.
Daily Driver: 2000 Ford 7.3 CC 4x4 DP-Tuner
www.libertyantiquetractorpull.com
SMOKIN' 2010
post #6 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM

I think I can speak for everyone that there was a great time had by all last year. Looking forward to a larger crowd this year. I know TS is around that same time, but we would love to have everyone possible come down pull with us May 1st.

'06 Duramax 2500, EFI (thanks to GA diesel), AFE stage 2 intake, EGR Blocker, FBD 5 in exhaust, pcv re-route, sleeved, Transgo jr
462 hp (11-09)

www.libertyantiquetractorpull.com
The Following User Says Thank You to dmax06 For this addition to TDG:
SeeYa (01-21-2010)
post #7 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
Okay listen up guys...

Gate and hook fees are the same as last year.

Gate fee-$5 per person
Kids under 6 are free!
Hook fee-$15 each hook.

If you are a Diesel Garage Vendor or a member who wants to bring product to display there is NO Vendor FEE. Thank you Liberty for accomodating us again this year. Bring it and sell it!!!

We will have more details soon for Hotel event prices. We're looking at the Jameson Inn and the Lake Oconee Lodge for event pricing.
^^^^update^^^^

Daniel the manager at the Lodge at Lake Oconee told Ryan that the special price is $89 a night and for everyone to mention Smokin' 2010. Still working on the Jameson Inn.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Thanks, I will definitely consider checking it out seams like a good time.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshb06 For this addition to TDG:
SeeYa (01-22-2010)
post #9 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM

A great campground is at Hamburg State Park. Mitchell Ga. Just a few miles southeast.

Last edited by 2007CumminZ; 01-21-2010 at 08:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2007CumminZ For this addition to TDG:
SeeYa (01-22-2010)
post #10 of 377 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007CumminZ View Post
A great campground is at Hamburg State Park. Mitchell Ga. Just a few miles southeast.

the problem here is that they won't let you in after 8 or 9pm... atleast that is what the told me last year..

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode