Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com - View Single Post - 3406c round port head, which manifold?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 AM
SledMan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothTightKittyCAT View Post
Ok my 3zj I'm overhauling originally had a square port head and manifold. I just bought a CAT round port head after taking response/spool/performance into consideration. Now is there a round port b/c model exhaust manifold or do i need to go straight to an E manifold? I've been searching the net all weekend for a round port non-E manifold and found nothing. I have to get something bought/shipped tomorrow hopefully to get this running this week. I've read alot on putting an E manifold on this head and if so should I put the sleeves in also?
E/C15 manifold is what you want. Yes, use the sleeve/gasket combo

2005 250 Super Duty Crew. White and Grey. ARP studs, EGR Delete, and SCT from Vivian. CCV re-route, and 4" Magnaflow turbo back.

Other trucks:1980 KW Ext hood, 1982 Kenworth Cabover Aerodyne (BJ and the Bear) 2000 and 2003 Kenworth W900's. 2003 Pete EXHD. All Caterpillar Power. My 2003 has an MBN I converted to 6NZ. Early 550 file, 211-3025 squirts. 800 cam. Acert twins via custom mount. ARP head bolts.

Transporter and Operator of a Bauer Built Championship Unlimited Tractor Pulling Sled for the United Pullers of the Carolinas, Region IV affiliate of the National Tractor Pullers Association (NTPA), and damn proud of it!!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome