Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com - View Single Post - No Hazards, No Turn Signals on Intl 4700
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
WOT1600

No Hazards, No Turn Signals on Intl 4700

Hi, newbie here, good mechanic though.

I'm rebuilding a slightly wrecked 1997 International 4700LP DT466 Allison air ride 5th wheel RV Toter.

Engine runs great, most everything works properly. We built a bed on the back and I'm hooking up tail lights and clearance lights and:

the hazard lights and the turn signal lights don't work front or rear.

I'm pretty good at chasing electrical, have a grounded probe light, a Fluke DMM, tested continuity on my test leads, have a buzzer to hear the lights working, etc...

The truck does have running lights/clearance lights/headlights/taillights.

I checked the fuses/breakers and it appears the entire top row of relays and the blinker/flasher module are not there, except the first two relays on the left = Alarm and Marker Light Relay. (makes sense, right?)

There are lots of additional relays on the ends of wires that sit on top of the fuse panel. I haven't dug into them yet. Figured I'd seek the knowledge of an Intl 4700 pro.

Do the top row of relays and the blinker/flasher can need to be in the sockets?

The following relays seem to be missing:
ABS Power, Stop Light, Trailer L Turn, Trailer R Turn and the Flasher Module.

The Flasher module has power on one of it's two legs and doesn't change when the hazard button is pushed in. No power on leg 2 at any time.

All the breakers look OK. I pushed the black buttons and nothing changed.

I'm calling my local Intl parts dept. and see what they see on their diagram for the relays and blinker module. I suspect just about any 2 prong flasher will work, but obviously there are other relays that may complete the circuit.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks from Lovelock, NV USA

Last edited by WOT1600; 07-26-2016 at 10:03 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome