The Diesel Garage banner

Finally got my superduty

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GUTTS 
#1 ·
So I joined on here a few years back, and have been holding out on getting a truck until after I bought a house as it is easier to buy a truck after a house than a house after a truck.

Now that house hunting is out of the way and I am settled in, I started truck shopping. Ended up getting a decent deal on a used 09 F250 CC SB with 56K miles a couple weeks ago. PO installed 2.5" leveling kit, Amp Research running boards, AFE CAI, Firestone airbags with in cab control (dual control) with on board air and KMC XD Badlands and TOYO OC AT 325/60-20's.

I have since been back on here stalking threads about tires, as the PO ran too high of air pressure in the Toyo AT's and the center was bald while the outside tread looked brand new.

Today I got a new set of Toyo OC MT's installed and it is too early to comment as I have only driven about 6 miles on the new tires. Definitely can feel a power loss compared to the AT's (same basic size tires, 325/60-20 for the old AT's and 315/60-20 for the MT's.)

Contemplating installing F350 rear blocks right now as I am not really keen on the nose high look, and not going to drive around empty with 50lbs in the bags.

Anyway here is a pic from the day I brought it home and a pic taken tonight with the new tires.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.