Need a little help guys....... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bassn5150, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1378 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Need a little help guys.......

Posting for a friend.....
He recently bought an 08 w/140k on it. The previous owner seemed to take the right steps to bullet proof the truck; EGR delete, DPF filter delete, cold air intake and an Edge Evolution Tuner.
The problem is, the truck is in constant regen mode. I'm aware that the Edge doesn't have the capability to turn off the regen. I'm also not sure how the previous owner drove it in current trim? My question is this.......what's going to be the best way to override the regen process? My friend talked directly to Spartan and inquired about one of their tuners, but he was told the truck has to be in stock trim with all the emission components on it for the Spartan to delete the DPF? Once the Spartan was installed, then you could remove your emission components? Which, or will any programmer delete the DPF if the truck already has that done? Maybe a little confusing, but just trying to help a friend out. Thanks in advance!

2006 F250 CC SWB Fx4, 2014 F250 Platinum Wheels and Tires, BPD EGR Cooler, Blue Spring Upgrade, FICM Repair.com Atlas Tune, Coolant Filter & otherwise bone stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode