anyone unhappy with options and packages?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6SPDMANUAL, this thread has received 26 replies and been viewed 2431 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

anyone unhappy with options and packages??

any of you guys unhappy about ford's silly way of grouping and deleteing options or the requirements of this in order to get that? i hate it. no manual trans for any of the premium line ups, no stick with 4.30 on the dually f350, no chrome bumpers on the harley or now the king ranch too. why do the gassers get choices of rear ends gears and the diesels get one (srw modles) the list goes on. heres a good one, the highline, this is only for supercabs?? what????????????? here is some info to try and help any of you that want it. contact these people, state your probelm or issue and keep the pressure on them.
hi, please spread the word and do not give up.
the new head of marketing is
Robert Keller
F-Series Super Duty Marketing Manager
(313) 845-0292
[email protected]
Market Representation
Ford Motor Company - Southwest Market
email: j****[email protected]
Phone: 972-334-1707
Fax: 972-334-1753

[email protected] phil oconnor
[email protected] william ford
[email protected] steve lyons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 PM

I dont know why they have that tan / white leather... how in the hell can anyone that needs a tuck like this keep that clean.

I wish you could a Laraiat in a sport package, or a F450-550 in a sport package.

I like the painted grill and black leather.. you can only get that on the XLT or FX4 now...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

I wish you could still get a regular cab Lariat b/c I know you can option out a dodge nomatter the cab configuration thats how ford use to be !!
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 PM

Ford is just getting to large to even care what we want anymore, or at least that's my oppinion. Corporate America at it's finest.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 PM

I would have liked to see a dark interior color for 2008. The camel and stone interiors are virtually identical in color, and entirely too light for me. Would have been nice to get a dark grey (slate) or black in the Lariat. I love the FX4 interior, but Canadians can't get the DVD nav in FX4 trucks (so far in Job #1, maybe it will change for Job #2, anyone know when Job #2 starts). So far as the package options go ( stick, rear ends and so on), the package optios are EXACTLY what I'm looking for, auto trans, 3.73 rear in a SRW F-350.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

so let me ask you guys have any of you tried to contact the dealers or ford themselves and voice your opinion? have you tried talking to several dealers about this? and kept bugging them about it?
i know as well as the next guy that most dealers are simply not interested in anything that we do not want, only what they can sell you right now. sure they will order it for you but only with a non refundable deposit. thats BS in my opinion. these days if i can not get a truck at a steel, like with big 3000 or more in rebates, plus get it for invoice with no dealer fees, or with dealer included at the invoice price, i won't buy one. if a dealer actually had what i want, i may actually pay a bit more for it.
you guys need to keep beating the dealers, and beating them hard. bombard them with feed back, bombard ford with it too.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 04:58 AM

The new vehicle manager sold me my first truck in '02. The finance manager sold me my second truck in '04. I phone each one AT LEAST once per week. They both know what I like and dislike about the 2008 Super Dutys.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 01:42 PM

Yea i told the local dealer the new tan looks like *** he said i know and that the only color you can get in that option packages unless you want orange seats that fade out like a pumpkin if you dont oil them. Then he went on to say if you dont get the leather interior the cloth looks real cheap... so who knows...

One would think at $50-60K you could get the color seats you want...

He also said some suv they make that is the ONLY color no matter what package you get...

Also Dodge doesent offer black interior either.. I guess GM is the only that will still do it, Im the car about 3 hours a day and if i had to buy X brand over Z brand because of interior color you can bet you check book i will.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

I just want the drip rails back over the windows so the rain and condensation stops running in my power window, lock and mirror switches.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPDMANUAL
so let me ask you guys have any of you tried to contact the dealers or ford themselves and voice your opinion? have you tried talking to several dealers about this? and kept bugging them about it?
i know as well as the next guy that most dealers are simply not interested in anything that we do not want, only what they can sell you right now. sure they will order it for you but only with a non refundable deposit. thats BS in my opinion. these days if i can not get a truck at a steel, like with big 3000 or more in rebates, plus get it for invoice with no dealer fees, or with dealer included at the invoice price, i won't buy one. if a dealer actually had what i want, i may actually pay a bit more for it.you guys need to keep beating the dealers, and beating them hard. bombard them with feed back, bombard ford with it too.
6SPDMANUAL You have only been on this site a VERY SHORT TIME. But if you do some checking in the past posts, you would see that the members here already get that from ME.

give me a call if you want to cut out the BS.
randy 303 584-6623

Ford Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. Custom F-650 Trucks, Shelby GT500 & KR Mustangs. 406 544-6891 [email protected] Thanks Randy
TDG Mafia #53 ... Riding High Club #30 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/foru...pictureid=1589
I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~
===============
"I wanna die like my grandfather, in his sleep, not like the other 4 passengers screaming in his car".
===============
2008 Harley Softail Custom 105th Aniv Limited Edition
2006 Harley F-250 Black w/Blue Flames FOR SALE $23K
2006 Harley F-350 Tor Red w/Black Flames SOLD
2005 Harley F-250 True Blue w/Med Blue Flames SOLD
2004 Harley F-250 Black & DSG 2/tone 6" Lift SOLD
1.3 million miles OTR and still Truckin!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode