Extremly Anxious - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_QUICK83, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1146 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Extremly Anxious

I hate havin this uneasy feeling after spening so much money and having so much faith in ford, im getting a bad feeling about all this now and will not be suprised if this can not be fixed and ford buys back all the trucks under a saftey recall. we will see. you will not find anyone else, more than me that bleeds blue (restored mustang,2003 Taurus,2000 F-150) and wanted ford to succeed with this truck and i was betting on them and expected and bragged it would be great with no major probs, we are gonna be the laughing stock of america, look, even all you are doing it...i know its all in fun, but behind every little dig there is a barb of truth and the us market will have a hayday with this on the national news!!!!! If I HAVE to give my truck back i will have to buy something else. that is sad. this is what i expect.....laugh laugh laugh laugh :shrug:

stuff like this is gonna kill this truck and ford......quote from other post...

"a customer of mine bought a brand new 6.4LPSD and with a little over 1k miles on the truck it had a engine failure so he towed it to the dealer and they gave him the second truck to drive and the same thing happened only with 400+ miles on the truck they gave him the third truck and the last i talk to him he had 600+ miles and with no problems as of yet,but he is a little gun shy....and i know of 2 other trucks that had the same problems the one didn't even make it of the dealer lot....what i'm trying to say with what i've heard of this new 6.4L PSD i wouldn't put any thing past it.........like i said this was only several people problems i'm not saying this is a wide spread disease..."__________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:13 PM
'Ol Builder guy

Hang in there. Maybe Ford gets on and all over the problem quickly and comes out looking like a car company that's concerned about its' customers.

What will be a real P/R nightmare is if there's a personal injury caused by it, like a child being burned. THEN Ford has REAL problems.

Of all the things that could have happened, it has to be 3 foot flames out of the tailpipe.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:23 PM
'Ol Builder guy

Better to stop sales and have all the trucks reflashed & safety checked than to keep selling them.

At least they put safety in front of greed.

Now they need to get all the trucks they sold back and fix them really fast to avoid the possibility of a huge lawsuit!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICK83
I hate havin this uneasy feeling after spening so much money and having so much faith in ford, im getting a bad feeling about all this now and will not be suprised if this can not be fixed and ford buys back all the trucks under a saftey recall. we will see. you will not find anyone else, more than me that bleeds blue (restored mustang,2003 Taurus,2000 F-150) and wanted ford to succeed with this truck and i was betting on them and expected and bragged it would be great with no major probs, we are gonna be the laughing stock of america, look, even all you are doing it...i know its all in fun, but behind every little dig there is a barb of truth and the us market will have a hayday with this on the national news!!!!! If I HAVE to give my truck back i will have to buy something else. that is sad. this is what i expect.....laugh laugh laugh laugh :shrug:

stuff like this is gonna kill this truck and ford......quote from other post...

."__________________
You're too nervous to buy one. Don't. Just stop. If you had problems you'd never recover.

After buying mine and liking it, I would have a differant concern. I think if you wait you'll get the truck at a better price as rebates come into play. I think there will be too much supply by the end of the summer and that could translate into rebates and savings. To me, I don't care. I would rather pay more now and have the benefit of driving a nicer truck over the season when I use the truck pulling the most.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 PM

I hope for the sake of everyone, they get it figured out, def dont need fire trucks ambulances at scenes of haz. material accidents shooting flames out the exhaust.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
You're too nervous to buy one. Don't. Just stop. If you had problems you'd never recover.

After buying mine and liking it, I would have a differant concern. I think if you wait you'll get the truck at a better price as rebates come into play. I think there will be too much supply by the end of the summer and that could translate into rebates and savings. To me, I don't care. I would rather pay more now and have the benefit of driving a nicer truck over the season when I use the truck pulling the most.

i think he already bought one - he's just having second thoughts about buying the 08 versus something else.

i think the important thing is realizing that with all the new emissions regulations, the diesel market is going to be tried and tested. nothing is a sure thing, but with all the engineering and testing that is done on all these motors and such, a company such as ford would not release a vehicle that would not succeed in todays market. doesnt make cents. but things still have to be figured out, and that takes time. this motor was already in development when ford released the 6.0 in 03, and has a lot of miles and runtime during development.

you have a warranty. sit back, put the right foot down and enjoy your truck.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3

I got my truck the day before the recall!!!! you guys are right i should just settle down and enjoy. I came up with an idea incase i flame and do not know it....I tied a piece of nylon string across the tailpipe and when driving hard it does not even scorch. Yes it may burn off just with regeneration but maybe i will know when it regenerates and that either caused or not caused the string to burn....I know its stupid but what the hell...also i should be getting the reflash on monday anyways. Thanks for all the encouraging words to a hardcore ford customer. and by the way..... I LOVE THIS TRUCK....EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Destroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71burb
you have a warranty. sit back, put the right foot down and enjoy your truck.
: Just hang in there. They will get it worked out. For cryin out loud, Ford has probably over sold Dodge and Chevy together already this year with the 6.4, compared to the new 6.7 Cummins and LMM Duramax. You just arent hearing anything about them cause they havent sold enough.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICK83
I got my truck the day before the recall!!!! you guys are right i should just settle down and enjoy. I came up with an idea incase i flame and do not know it....I tied a piece of nylon string across the tailpipe and when driving hard it does not even scorch. Yes it may burn off just with regeneration but maybe i will know when it regenerates and that either caused or not caused the string to burn....I know its stupid but what the hell...also i should be getting the reflash on monday anyways. Thanks for all the encouraging words to a hardcore ford customer. and by the way..... I LOVE THIS TRUCK....EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s
My apologies for not reading the past tense correctly and that you've already purchased.

The most important thing is that you love the truck. Don't let the internet chatter by those that don't own one spoil your purchase. It's a great truck with a fat warranty. Drive, smile and enjoy.
Best regards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode