6.4L Maintenance, owners only pls. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TrailerTrash, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 704 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

6.4L Maintenance, owners only pls.

Hey guys. I'm looking long and hard at a 2008. I've built and priced one with all the options I want. I've had my insurance company give me quote for insurance. Slowly I'm knocking off all the questions I have. The next question on the list is for 6.4 owners only please. What is the maintenance schedule for these bad boys. I was told by the salesman that oil changes are every 10,000 miles. So does that mean that you need a tire rotation at every oil change? Fuel filters are every 20,000? Other than checking the air filter and draining the water, is there any thing else? If someone could scan and post a couple of pages from their Ford maintenance schedule it would be greatly appreciated.
: :

Thanks, TT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
well you can see the manual HERE but I wouldn't attempt it on dial up. It's huge.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 04:47 PM

yep, its all there and online...all the info and manuals a guy can want, you either have to well off financall or be able to do your own matience!!! there is lots. the trucks now are "job one" and still have an external tranny filter. job 2will have an internal only or something like that(will have NO external filter!!) the transfere case will change soon. goes from 30,000 to 60,000 miles between change. 10,000 on oil is with NO towing. hope this helps. get the truck.....600 miles and looking for things wrong. the only thing i found so far is the drivers window goes down 1/16th of an inch after i put it up and the hood is off 1/32 if an inch on the passenger side as compared to the drivers side....what a drag all these major defects.....lollollol. put together great!!!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 04:52 PM

TT what part of the country are you in?

Here in the SW according to our pre-launch meetings I attended the air filter is to be changed more or less at 5k.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the quick replys guys. I'm looking more for the regular maintenance schedule (oil changes, tire rotation, fuel filers, that sort of thing). The bible has tons of info, but not really what I'm looking for. If I ever need to know how the glow plugs are wired, or how to check the heads for flatness, I'll definitaly use the bible.

Dale_Lakin, I'm in the "northern colony", Canada. From what I've seen, and read, you just have to change the air filter when the dummy gage on the air filter housing says it's time.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I found what I was looking for. I knew I had seen it here some where. The Motorcraft Service Video answers all. Thanks for the info and input guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode