Saw One - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel Dog, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 774 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Saw One

A friend just picked his up today. Very nice looking truck 4x4 cc swb.loaded. It's nice that the grill come up with the hood, it'l give easy acess to the 7 raidiators. No wonder they pull the cab to work on them.
I complimented him on it, wished him well and tried to buy his '02 :

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:49 AM
Powered By Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dog
A friend just picked his up today. Very nice looking truck 4x4 cc swb.loaded. It's nice that the grill come up with the hood, it'l give easy acess to the 7 raidiators. No wonder they pull the cab to work on them.
I saw a lariat screw shortbed V10 F-350 at my dealer, I thought it looked great minus the nose/wheels/backwards rake issed: :badidea: and the taillights....lol, whats up with the reverse rakes on trucks lately? it seemed all the FX4 trucks had them, and all the 08s I've seen have them :shrug:

04 Silverado 2500HD LB7/Allison, EFI live by duramaxtuner.com with DSP5, 4" MBRP turbo back straight pipe, polished 5" tip, 5% tint, riding on 285 fierce attitudes, many more mods....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM
General Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRacing200
I saw a lariat screw shortbed V10 F-350 at my dealer, I thought it looked great minus the nose/wheels/backwards rake issed: :badidea: and the taillights....lol, whats up with the reverse rakes on trucks lately? it seemed all the FX4 trucks had them, and all the 08s I've seen have them :shrug:
Yopu talkin NOSE UP and Draggin *****. I think it looks like crap. A truck should look like a truck and sit no worse than level. Even level I don't think they look right.

:bow: 2005 Ford F-350 CC 4x4 Dually. Of course :agreed: 6.0 PSD with Torqueshift Tranny.
Big Black Beast. :evil:
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM

I think that is look that has been popular out here in Cali for a while. It comes from the offroad race trucks that are @$$ down and the low rider style that is popular on the streets in SoCal. I have hear a lot of people tell me its "the look". I usually get told that when I comment that it looks like something is wrong or broken on their truck. To me it looks like its carrying a load in its diapers. :loser:

WAY too many trucks out here that look like that. What really pisses me off is the @$$hats that do this and don't adjust their headlights. If your lights are bothering me in my my truck ADJUST THEM! issed:

If the new trucks are like this I am going to end up hurting someone.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 01:32 AM
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
I can't wait to get my hands on an '08. I have to wait until August at the earliest for the Harley. Well, it'll give me some time to work on selling my '04 I guess.

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dog
Soapbox On:
What Ford needs to do is have a one piece hood and front clip like the big rigs. Then when it comes time to service the engine, you can just tip the front forward and have access to the entire engine bay. This requirement of having to remove the cab from the chassis to service the engine is retarded and dumb.

The big three need to start getting their acts together because Nissan and Toyota have set their sights on the consumer truck market and are making progress! (FYI, I am a "Buy American" kind of guy, but I'm tired of hearing the American automakers crying in their beer because they're getting their butts kicked in sales. Wake up and smell the coffee!)
Soapbox Off:

For the new 08 owners, congrats and enjoy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM

I hate to start a rant.

BUT, I'm not paying 51 large for anything anymore------I'm nearly at the retirement age and would love to have a new Ford dually with a tag-a-long. BUT being close to the same price as my house FUGEDABOUTIT-----

Sorry bout the rant, Herb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode